Husky 40 Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Former Saw Builder

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I got a Husqvarna 40 for free it just needs put back together I've been working on equipment for awhile so I'm not new to working on saws but this saw has a cable coming from the throttle trigger that appears to go to the right side of the carb the cable has a "S" shaped end .... I can't seem to get this in the positoin it wants to be in to make it work correctly anybody know how this cable connects to the carb? A picture would be great.... The rest of the saw went back together without and trouble... SO CLOSE BUT STILL SO FAR AWAY.:buttkick:

Thank you for the workshop manual it has alot of good info... But did not show how to put the throttle cable onto the carb.

Don't have a digital camera handy so will see if I can type you thru hooking it up. Pulled the cover off of mine and peeked in under the filter bracket (will need to be out to hook up cable) to refresh myself on how it runs & hooks up. The cable on mine runs forward from the handle assy in a channel and comes up under the carb. The S hook attaches to the top of the throttle lever from the inside/left side of lever when veiwed from the back of the saw.
If you still can't get it installed with the above info feel free to PM me your phone # and I could use some free weekend minutes to talk you thru it.
Good luck, Swannie

Don't have a digital camera handy so will see if I can type you thru hooking it up. Pulled the cover off of mine and peeked in under the filter bracket (will need to be out to hook up cable) to refresh myself on how it runs & hooks up. The cable on mine runs forward from the handle assy in a channel and comes up under the carb. The S hook attaches to the top of the throttle lever from the inside/left side of lever when veiwed from the back of the saw.
If you still can't get it installed with the above info feel free to PM me your phone # and I could use some free weekend minutes to talk you thru it.
Good luck, Swannie

I see your saying to route the cable to the left side of the carb. It looks like it goes to the right side on this saw because the little slot in the front of the carb bracket that it slides thru is on the left side of the carb so I assumed that it would go to that side... Are you saying that it really gets hooked up to the left side which is the same side as the choke lever? I"ll look at it again today to see if it makes more sense to go to the left side as you have pointed out.:dizzy:

The cable lays in the slot you are seeing on the right side coming from the handle and comes up under the right side of carb, S hook on end hooks up on top of thottle lever from inside with the very end of "S"to the outside when installed. Cable feed will be behind throttle shaft when veiwed from back of saw. When saw trigger is pulled it pulls the shaft lever down & back.
See if you can can get it now with this information. Good luck.

Glad to help, might want to keep an eye on the chain tension that you don't over tighten, to me the weak spot on that saw is the crank seals mounted in the plastic crank bearing supports. The bearings can get loose in the plastic support and cause the seals to leak.
Enjoy & good luck, Swannie

Latest posts

Back