Husky 41 problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandyinLangley

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Before you go off and tell me a 41 is a waste of time I picked it up for cheap and need a little saw. It looked to be in very good condition with very little use. The guy didn't know much about it because he wasn't expecting me to want to buy it from him, I was there to help a friend load a metal lathe he bought from him. Anyhow, I pulled it apart completely and everything looks in good order other then the diaphragms and gaskets in the carb. I changed those out, checked all holes and needles and everything looked good. The saw wouldn't start at all except if I squirted fuel down the carb. A few more trials with pulling the carb apart and making sure everything was good and still nothing. Compression is about 140 psi, it has a new plug with lots of spark and the damned thing wont go. One last time I pulled the carb apart and decided to look under the welch plug, it appeared the previous person to work on this saw mashed the plug so far to block the inlet but I'm not certain.

Put the saw back together and tried starting it, it'll start with a squirt down the carb and run if I have it at full throttle but the minute I release the throttle it'll die, then wont start again unless I squirt it.

Ideas?

other possibility

check impulse hose and fuel hose:help: if the saw is acting like no fuel you should replace the fuel filter and the fuel an impulse hose. the hoses can get microscopic pin holes and give ya all sorts of :angry2: :angry2:
:yourock: :cheers:

I checked the metering lever height and it was level with the base of the carb body and I also checked the impulse nipple and fuel line. The impulse nipple is an odd design that I haven't seen before, I was a bit concerned about the fit between the nipple and the cylinder port so I put a small dab of Insta-Gasket on the mating surfaces to make sure there was a tight seal. The fuel line is the small clear yellow hose and was in great condition and there is plenty of fuel delivery because if I take the fuel hose of the carb fuel squirts all over the place, almost as if it's under pressure............Keep the ideas coming because they're helping.

:cheers:

Figured out my problem

It turns out the problem was the crankcase seals, $6 later and it runs sweet. Now I have a good running tree climbing saw. I know it's a "Homeowner" saw but the price was right.

Latest posts

Back