Husky 445 Too much oil...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.C.

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
OK, so I have a relatively new Husky 445 that I have installed a 12" carving bar on. With the shorter bar it is just spewing bar oil all over the place. To my knowledge there is no adjustment screw on this saw to tone it down a bit. Since my dilemna is usually just the opposite of this I'm not sure how to step it down, so to speak. I though of just partially blocking the outlet but ultimately the pump wll just find a weak spot and puddle out. Restrict the intake? Smaller tubing I.D.? I suppose I would like to have the capability to throw a regular 16" bar on there, but I have other saws for that. Any info/ideas on how to drop the output on the stock oiler?

My stepsons 445 has an adjuster, look under the saw in that groove, there is a screw in there, turn clockwise to lessen oil.

John

Thanks John, I have looked there before and even the mech at Bailey's looked and did not see any adjuster. But I did just go look again and when you look at the spot where the adjuster should be all you can see is the drive gear for the pump which rotates with the clutch drum. As far as I can tell there is no adjuster!

I have never seen oiling too much as a detriment to any cutting situation.

It's not really a detriment other than this is my carving saw and it slobbers oil all over whatever I'm working on. I'm talking puddling!

Latest posts

Back