Husky 570 VS STIHL MS271

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmcgregor

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying my first Chainsaw and from my local dealers I've got it narrowed down between these two. My question is: would the Husky 570 be worth the extra $200? Or should I just go with the STIHL MS271? I want a chainsaw thats going to last and be able to tackle anything.

I'm looking at buying my first Chainsaw and from my local dealers I've got it narrowed down between these two. My question is: would the Husky 570 be worth the extra $200? Or should I just go with the STIHL MS271? I want a chainsaw thats going to last and be able to tackle anything.

TK a sponsor on here has a Husqvarna 570 he can make you a deal on.

Those 2 saws aren't even close in comparison. So if you're looking for an all round saw the 562xp is worth the money

I do have a 570 and am in a good mood to make that sucker disappear today. wink wink hint hint

But I'd like to know what is going to be cut first.

love my 271 but it won't tackle anything. you got a lotta thinking to do

First a few elementary questions that need answering.

What are you going to cut?
How big ?
How much?
How often?
Do you already have experience?
Dealer important yes or no?
Do you own other saws?
etc.

Any chainsaw from the major companies (Dolmar=Makita, Efco=Oleo Mac, Husqvarna=Jonsered, Solo=Cub Cadet, Echo= Shindaiwa, Hitachi=Tanaka, Stihl) is going to last probably more than a life time in a semipro/farmer type setting with proper maintenence!

Last edited:
As others said, that is one weird "shortlist"....:msp_confused:

However, both are models that I would avoid, for different reasons.

Unless you're only doing little limbing or will only use the saw for small projects a couple times a year, go bigger than 50cc. A 70cc saw is perfect (in my opinion) for basic firewood and all around use. So between the two, 570 for sure. I've never ran one and my newest saw is a 455, but that 455 has lots of torque for what it is even if it doesn't have the high rpm nuts of a 'pro' saw. If the 570 is a more solid built version of that with 15 cc more (which it appears to be), it should be a lovely all-around saw.

Unless you're only doing little limbing or will only use the saw for small projects a couple times a year, go bigger than 50cc. A 70cc saw is perfect (in my opinion) for basic firewood and all around use. So between the two, 570 for sure. I've never ran one and my newest saw is a 455, but that 455 has lots of torque for what it is even if it doesn't have the high rpm nuts of a 'pro' saw. If the 570 is a more solid built version of that with 15 cc more (which it appears to be), it should be a lovely all-around saw.

I don't agree, it is just too heavy for its Power to be "lovely" - serviceable is a more fitting word.

Last edited:
In order for the OP to get a good deal on a 570 from TK, it would have to be for about $350.

For interests sake what would be the shipping costs for PHO from Maine to British Columbia Canada, then add any brokerage fees and duty.

That pesky border makes things pricey.

I guess I didn't see the OP was in Canada. You Canucks sure get it rough.

I thought about this a bit and I kinda get the feeling those are both relatively undesired saws the dealers want to unload...

Hate to seem like a pessimist but just bein' honest

I would use the term underrated. Which in turn makes them less desirable. Are they the peak of potential in their chassis/class? No, but very dependable, rugged saws nonetheless.

And unload is a good term, I'd like to see this saw gone. But not under any deception or impracticality to the new owner.

I guess I didn't see the OP was in Canada. You Canucks sure get it rough.

You got that right! I'm up here in White Horse Yukon tonight. They been roughing my wallet up since I crossed the border. Will be glad to be home tomorrow night but will miss the beauty of Northern BC.

Got a brand new 570 and a 550 on me now.

Latest posts

Back