Husky 575 - Technical Article

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good articles, i think the new saws are comparable to when automotive switched from carb to fuel injection and was met with some resistance, now you would wonder why anyone would go back. these new saws will catch on. if your not totally sold on the new husky, i would recommend the jonsered line.

cutting?

Those are nice technical articles, but there was no testing. Maybe they reserve the cutting for a different article or a comparision-type article?

It would have made more impact to see how the 575 stacks up against other 75cc saws or against the saw it's intended to replace: the 372.

All the motorcycle magazines I used to read had their monthly "comparos" where they'd get all the 250cc dirtbikes or all the 600cc sportbikes and run them against each other. Or, when testing a single bike, they'd have the usual stuff, like 0-60mph, braking from 60 to 0, quarter mile, HP and torque curves, etc.

I'm used to seeing these numbers and while the disassembly of each saw is cool, where's the beef?

woodfarmer said:
good articles, i think the new saws are comparable to when automotive switched from carb to fuel injection and was met with some resistance, now you would wonder why anyone would go back. these new saws will catch on. if your not totally sold on the new husky, i would recommend the jonsered line.

I think this is more the era where cars started coming out with cats and computer controled carbs. The 2 reasons cars had to go to fuel injection!!
I know that the 2 stroke is on it's deathbed, and the 4mix seems to be making grounds CHANGE JUST SUCKS!!!!!.
OK, I'm done,
Andy

Buy all the saws you can afford (or not) of your favorite brand and stash them - get enough for the next 30 years, less if you're over 50...:)

Lakeside, I love to read advice like that. I just need to convince my better half that I'm buying the saws because the EPA is forcing me to, not because I want to!

Back