Husky bar or something else?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just ordered in a PHO 372xp. So looking for a 24" bar .058. I have found Husky bars .058(608000050) and I don't believe it has a replaceable tip, Sugi bars are hard to find in the .058 (VT3U-8Q62-A) and Tsumura bar .058(248RNDD009). It seems the Husky bars are either loved or hated, some say they have no problems with them others say they are soft and wear fast.

I have read that the Husky bars are Oregon Power match bars but not sure. Anyone with experience with the Husky bars? I'm leaning towards the Tsumura since it's not as hard to get as the Sugi bar and has a replaceable tip over the Husky bar. I'm sure there is a Husky/Oregon bar out there with a replaceable tip but I haven't hunted up the model yet.

Edit:
Looks like a Husky bar would be the (HT-388/531 30 11-50) with a replaceable tip.
Looks like a Oregon bar would be the (248RNDD009) with a replaceable tip.

Not much. How about you Rod?

I have EXACTLY what OP is looking for, RSN, gague and all. Brand new. Only thing is it's ~$25 worth of shipping away and it says Jonsered on it.

Shipping kills on a lot of things. Name on a bar means nothing especially once the paint has worn off. I had considered getting an adapter for a large mount stihl bar that I have (GB Titanium) but don't want to mess with it. The GB bar is new that I bought about 20 years ago and just never put on a 046 that I had, plus I think it's a .063 and I want to stay with .058.

As of right now I will probably just end up getting the Tsumura since it's about the same price as the rest by the time it's shipped here. I haven't used a Tsumura but have heard nothing but good things about them. I have a Sugi on a Echo and it's been great.

Not much. How about you Rod?

I have EXACTLY what OP is looking for, RSN, gague and all. Brand new. Only thing is it's ~$25 worth of shipping away and it says Jonsered on it.
Jonsered on it.....that's the best kind.....finally have some nice weather here in Utah

Bar rail wear comes down to what bar oil were using. With using Waste motor oil you will see chunks missing out of the rails. Sometime they will sand out sometimes they won’t.

Redressing worn bar rails,,

I use that 30” belt sander from harbor freight to dress and square bars. Then with a file I chamfer the outside and inside edges leaving a nice flat surface for the chain to ride on. Remember to square the sanding table to the belt at 90 degrees dead on. Start sanding just past the sprocket nose and go fast so the rails are kept even I keep the bar moving just before it hits the belt. Redressing the worn bars gets more life out of it.

Then you can wash and paint the bar grey and use a Husqvarna stencil to repaint Husqvarna on the bar, stencils come in different lengths on eBay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-of-2-...the-Bars-Chainsaw-Decal-Sticker-/301552306297

Keeping it real, looking good.

Czed, do you think the Tsumura bars are as hard as the saw chain is? If the steel in the bar is softer than the chain more wear will occur.

Well found a deal that was to good to pass up. Found a Tsumura for $37.55 plus $4.54 shipping. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KB4DH96/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Picked up a loop of LGX while I was at it.
I've been running this archer chain for a few weeks
Does great out of the box.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/24-Archer-...lcHQXl:sc:USPSFirstClass!19140!US!-1&LH_BIN=1
I just bought 2 more about 27.00 shipped
My stihl 24" is over 30.00 local for one chain
I'm happy with the archer.

I haven't tried the Archer. I really like the way the LGX is acting on the Echo 590. I have been running Stihl RS on my 036 and love it but the price is high.

The fancy tsumura with the inserts don't feel any lighter
I have both not worth the extra coin imho
Look good though.
I was looking at the bar with inserts as well but I honestly cant say I have a need for it. I put a Sugi light weight on the 590 (had to order it from UK to get the right mount) and it was way high in price. My 036 felt just as good with it's bar, but I don't do this for a living so the weight isn't going to make that big of a diff to me.

CE590.jpg

I can't say for Sure who built bars for Husqvarna and when, IIRC Saw Troll has stated that Husky makes their own bars up to 24 or 28". I don't believe that Oregon makes bars over 42", and that the Husqvarna Branded bars from 44-72" are produced by GB.

I bought my 266XP new in '91, and just last year put a new bar on it, only because the 460 Rancher that I bought used to keep in the pick up had what I thought was a 24" B&C as well, which turned out to be a Mac Bar, that had a slightly different link count, so I treated "Old Reliable" to a New bar, and put the original bar on the 460, so the chains would be interchangeable. Part of me was hesitant and wanted to keep the 266 all original, but it sure looks nice with the new bar;)

Putting budget bars aside, using Quality Oil, with Quality Bars and Chains, you should get long life out of you Bars and Chains, just keep the chains out of the Rocks, Dirt and Metal;)

Doug :cheers:

Back