Husky bar or something else?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Putting budget bars aside, using Quality Oil, with Quality Bars and Chains, you should get long life out of you Bars and Chains, just keep the chains out of the Rocks, Dirt and Metal;)

Doug :cheers:

Nothing like a nice rocked out chain to kill the fun. Hit a nail buried in a cherry tree with a new RS chain once, I wasn't a happy camper having to file a bunch of new tooth away to fix it. Up side is she cut better after getting a nice hand file job on it.

I weighed my 36” one with inserts one without and it was a pound difference.
I'm going off of a 20" bar so I don't believe there is a lot of diff. The 36" would have a lot more insert and I could see why it would make a difference.

Ya only comparison I have on the 20 is I weighed my 20 husky and 20 tsurmura with inserts it was 9 oz difference. Not sure how much a regular tsurmura is.

Attachments

• 2902F07F-BC20-4C71-A690-D2755B8F4EEA.jpeg
    2902F07F-BC20-4C71-A690-D2755B8F4EEA.jpeg
    907.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 834E3996-ADB4-462A-BD79-98A497EA6425.jpeg
    834E3996-ADB4-462A-BD79-98A497EA6425.jpeg
    947.1 KB · Views: 24
Thanks Matt, once mine comes in I will weigh it so we can see the difference between it and the light weight bar.

About a 10oz difference. closer to 5/8 pound difference, I would say the inserts are helping quite a bit. Haven't mounted it on the saw yet to see how the balance is. Bar had a pinch in it about 3/4" long I had to work out of it but it is fine now.

Saw arrived yesterday/bar and chain arrived today. Nice feeling saw but I think I still prefer the feel of my 036 but that is a weight thing I think since the little 41 felt fine to me. Sucks getting older and beat up from 30 years of construction.

I have run a few of their bars. I have a pro 36, 28, 24 bar in 058 and they are very hard bars. So hard that they require very little filing on the cutting edge, and I mainly do milling.
I bent the tip on the 28 and to replace it was extremely easy. New tips with 6 rivet blends are inexpensive from baileys.

The biggest downside is weight they are heavy. I suppose no heavier than the others.
Their laminate bars hold up well but suck for oiling, I have had two 20” laminated bars, a farm tough in 3/8 050 and a grey laminate bar in .325 050. Light but like I said bad for oil delivery.

If you go with a laminate bar, I would highly suggest the Oregon speedcut (these are small mount). I have one in 18” with the speed cut chain and it is def an upgrade to the grey .325 laminate that husky sells. Chain and bar combo is very inexpensive also replacement chains very cheap.

I have not tried their versa cut, they seem to be large mount bars, but I would like to know if they are good.

My two cents

Got mine today and a couple loops of archer.
.58 gaugeView attachment 732423
Thanks for the info.

They raised the price of them now. Mine had a small pinch in the rails from shipping I would guess, end of box was open and bar just slid out lol. Took a screwdriver to it and it works fine now.

Going to order a loop of the Archer tommorow and give it a try as well.

Got my full wrap handle in today as well as the west coast dogs. Think I like the original dogs that are on it better but will try them both.

Plan to look around at some of the modded mufflers and if I can't find what I want I will order a 288 deflector and mod mine.

Untitled-1.jpg

778A5F87-7D0B-4754-96C3-39856362B0A6.jpeg
Going to order a loop of the Archer tommorow and give it a try as well.

Got my full wrap handle in today as well as the west coast dogs. Think I like the original dogs that are on it better but will try them both.

Plan to look around at some of the modded mufflers and if I can't find what I want I will order a 288 deflector and mod mine.

View attachment 732441
I just added a tach to mine, however I think I f*d up cause the location of the tach is poorly chosen. It’s right at the top and it’s only a matter of time before it gets ripped off by rough use... for now it will stay until I figure out a better way to mount it

28" Oregon reduced weight bar. 2 lbs 13 oz. $93 on Amazon.

bar.jpg

Latest posts

Back