Husky blows up the aftermarket cylinder world

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive got to go thru what I have in stock so I know how to reprice it. I had someone call about a 357 cylinder and priced it according to what was in my computer. then when I had time I looked up the new msrp on it,which was 20 less than my cost. I had my wife call them back and offer it at cost plus shipping but they had found something already. I guess I need to figure my losses on whats in stock already but some are big losses. like 100 or more bucks.

ive got to go thru what I have in stock so I know how to reprice it. I had someone call about a 357 cylinder and priced it according to what was in my computer. then when I had time I looked up the new msrp on it,which was 20 less than my cost. I had my wife call them back and offer it at cost plus shipping but they had found something already. I guess I need to figure my losses on whats in stock already but some are big losses. like 100 or more bucks.

OUCH, that hurts. Husqy reps aren't doing anything for dealers with product already in inventory?

Seems like something should be done... People who have some of these kits in stock that they paid the higher prices for 2 weeks ago are being forced to either sell at a loss, or sit on them indefinitely. Crappy situation indeed....

Well, drat..guess I will hold off on the 262 now, my 346 croaked today, mid cut, just stopped. Throwing chips just fine. No warning symptoms.. Has zilch compression by the starter handle. @$%^%^$%$!!! Oh well, I got over twenty tanks through it with a chinese top end. I'll tear it down this weekend and see if it needs both or just a new piston, and also check where the dang leak is, there has to be one. This time OEM or at least meteor. The only good thing is the subject of the thread, I know OEM is more affordable now.

Terry what's the price on a 272 piston cylinder kit ?

How you feeling terry Shoulder any better ?

Mike

OEM 55 kits are cheaper than Meteor now. Looks like a couple more milk crate specials are going to get back in service.

Jeremy

Just stopped at my local dealer and asked about prices on cylinder kits and he told me he got a letter saying prices are going up

My local dealer still saying that updated price list "still won't load".....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hey, I took a beating on some kits in stock. Gotta cost average it and let it go.

The upside here far outweighs the downside. Better to have the prices where they are now than where they were before, right?

Now you guys know how the Stihl dealers felt last year when the prices changed so dramatically. Still sad that the distributor/manufacturer wont do anything because things like this are a definite discouragement to good dealers actually stocking inventory. The new prices are great but having to take massive losses on current inventory is a bummer. I feel for you guys for sure because with dolmars pricing on pistons and cylinder kits i could very well be the next victim of this.

When we ran a retail business years ago we would often dump old inventory at a loss to free up cash to put into faster moving stuff, or to take advantage of current deals. There is nothing negative about this price drop on Husky parts!

My local dealer is good to work with and does keep a fair stock, but mostly AM. ( Oregon, raisman, and such where usable). Does not stock a p/c for anything at all.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Top sellers are always the 372's and 346's. But I usually keep a some "singles" around for other models like the 390, 357, 272 and such.

The 372 kits have some separation now. $50 more for the XPW than for the standard 50mm kit. $200 vs $150 at the list prices.

Sure Hope I wake up tomorrow and this is still real. LOL

I'm going to grab some dinner. Check in with you guys later.

Those are list prices, and one has to understand the dealer level that there local dealer is at with respect to margins. At the shop 372 p/c's go at $299, and yes I still get to eat bacon with that.

US vs VERY competitive Canadian prices. My local dealer was $425 for it.

Latest posts

Back