Husky Buys McColluch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leeave96

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I read that Husqvarna bought McCulloch USA (via Jenn Feng). Husky already owned McCulloch out side the US, now I gather the entire McCulloch name is under one ownership.

Here is the link:

http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/company_press_release_details.aspx?_newsid=5534

Wonder what that means for McCulloch and the future?

I always liked McCulloch. My first chainsaw was a McCulloch 610. Could it be that the next McCulloch would be a husy painted yellow? I'd buy one!

Thanks,
Bill

The McCulloch name still has some meaning to me. I'd love to see them come back to being one of the greats.

I remember my big brothers running mini-bikes, and the hot machines were built with a "Mac 20". Oh, you were cool if you had a Mac 20! I have no idea what engine that was, but that was the Ferrari of the mini-bike crowd. Go-carts too, IIRC.

The whole neighborhood rode their various machines on the 405 freeway in Los Angeles one summer, while it was under construction. Nice, long, flat concrete area with no obstructions to speak of, no lane lines, and nobody cared in those days. Fun times! :clap:

CP or SP

and reintroduce the minimac fer you climbers.............as a replacement for the 335 lol

Scott

OUCH!

I think I'll get myself a head start on everybody else here. I'm gonna grab a 372 off the shelf and paint it yellow. It will be the new Pro Mac 720. And I'll be able to ship 'em just like the Univents. Anybody want one?

OUCH!

I think I'll get myself a head start on everybody else here. I'm gonna grab a 372 off the shelf and paint it yellow. It will be the new Pro Mac 720. And I'll be able to ship 'em just like the Univents. Anybody want one?

Yellow.......... Don't forget the orange flames

Scott

I read that Husqvarna bought McCulloch USA (via Jenn Feng). Husky already owned McCulloch out side the US, now I gather the entire McCulloch name is under one ownership.

Could it be that the next McCulloch would be a husy painted yellow? I'd buy one!

Thanks,
Bill

Tsk, tsk, tsk..... "McVarna"

(shakes head)
:dizzy:

I took this picture last weekend, 18 old Mccullochs running that day including the SP125C, 740, and 1-85 all fit with 32" bars. New McCulloch's would be good but I like to have a garage full of the old ones.

Now that is impressive whether you like yellow and black or not!!!!!
(I do)
Mike

Reminds me of that song......"and another one bites the dust...."

Mac hit the dust many, many years ago. I makes no difference how many times the "name" is sold it is still the same. The new stuff is in NO way related to the old.The old original McCulloch was great but after they went for quanity not quality they went down the tubes.

Bill

Yup it's a sad story. Kinda like what happened to the dodge charger right before they went out of production the last time.

OUCH!

710 or 707......

Obviously the 32xx were eating away the Husky market share, so they just had to have it lololol

I wonder if misuse of the Mac brand can succeed twice?

I wonder if misuse of the Mac brand can succeed twice?[/QUOTE]

As much as I would like to believe it, I bet if I were to wish in one hand and crap in the other it wouldn't be the wish hand that would fill up first.

Back