Husky got it right, alright.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burvol

Bullbuck
Reaction score
I have been off Arboristsite for a while, so forgive me if this link has been posted. I just thought this was a great example of why Husky's 385 xp is such a great saw aside from the smooth power and durability...the long life and smooth power delivery from a constant flow of clean air! This is exactly the way a 460 Stihl looks (in the video) after a couple of tanks when cutting and bucking big timber. The video failed to show how many chips fall out from underneath the filter band on the Stihl, but it's still amazing.http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rztm0HM9XzE

Last edited:
I always wondered how people got their filters so caked up. :givebeer:

edit: Maybe someone can come up with a snorkel attachment so playin in the sawduct pile wouldn't clog em up so much? :)

Last edited:
I hear the new Stihls are better, but I have to agree, Husky has a much better design.
BUT, I've never choked out my 046 cutting all day either.

Well anyone who cuts all day every day should check and clean their filter daily, and that video basically simulated an entire day's cutting in very dusty conditions with chips flying everywhere.

I have been off Arboristsite for a while, so forgive me if this link has been posted. I just thought this was a great example of why Husky's 385 xp is such a great saw aside from the smooth power and durability...the long life and smooth power delivery from a constant flow of clean air! This is exactly the way a 460 Stihl looks (in the video) after a couple of tanks when cutting and bucking big timber. The video failed to show how many chips fall out from underneath the filter band on the Stihl, but it's still amazing.http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rztm0HM9XzE

That is one heck of a way to kill any saw. I would have liked to see them both burn up and the owners ask wtf?, LOL.

The only way I see a saw taking in that many chips is a non common angle/position of milling.

I don't know. Either way it's better than the one on the right, right? Course I'm right! :cheers:

Evading the question, is it a Husky or a UNIVENT from Bailey's, which is it, you brought up name calling, figured I'd stick your foot in your mouth,LOLOL

Back