Husky Paint?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this on another forum (tractor forum). Also found it on a parts website.

$17.20 a can!!!

"part # 5321269-65 ,12 oz. can orange spray paint"

Might work, I have a couple of projects in the works that could use it.

Good luck, Fred

Wait a minute. Did I read this wrong?

lol maybe hes meaning jonsered??

husky AYP offer spray cans. if u check the husky / jonsered bonnet and fender parts etc they finish in a code x422, x428 or x418 etc. These are paint colour codes. They wont be an exact match if your trying to give your saw a birthday.

Whatever. I'll send a piece of plastic into town to the auto paint store and have them use that fancy laser matching system to mix me a pint of the stuff so I can spray my 394.

$17.99! Yowzah, that is spendy for a single can...

I think I read a post here recently that said Kubota tractor orange was a close match, do a search for paint and you can probably find it. I'm working on a Husky 36 that has plastic that's faded beyond repair so I decided to paint it. I bought some Valspar tractor & implement paint from Tractor Supply in an aerosol can.

I used Allis Chalmers orange 5339-03 and it looks pretty good and seems to be very tough. So far all I've painted is the top cover, I've twisted and flexed it on purpose to see if I could get the paint to crack or chip and it has'nt so it might be decent. I used Valspar paint to paint my house last year and it's the finest paint I've ever used. I know painting a house and a saw are two different things so we'll see....

It seems like Husky used several different shades of orange on the saws over the years. I've got a 61 project saw I'm working on and I got a new top cover and recoil housing for it. The recoil housing is a different shade then the top cover and neither one match the color of the plastic on the handle... here's a pic of the 36 top cover:
Husky36topcvr.jpg

Wow, that looks really nice. Thanks for the tips on paint. There is a fellow here in my burg who can mix the auto paints, all he needs are the codes.

He might also be able to elp you find a more durable paint for flexibility and heat resistance.

Wow, that looks really nice. Thanks for the tips on paint. There is a fellow here in my burg who can mix the auto paints, all he needs are the codes.

I'm sure the automotive paints are way better than anything you can get in a spray can, but they're pretty pricey are'nt they?

Wow, that top looks great! Have you ran it on a saw yet? How does it hold up to regular useage? Do you think dragging it through brush and limbs would scratch it up and chip it easily?

Wow, that top looks great! Have you ran it on a saw yet? How does it hold up to regular useage? Do you think dragging it through brush and limbs would scratch it up and chip it easily?

No, I have'nt run it on the saw yet, but like I said in my original post, I've flexed and twisted it some to see if it would crack or chip and it did'nt phase it. I plan on getting the entire saw painted later this week, I won't be using the saw until this fall when firewood time rolls around so my plan is to let the paint dry for a couple months before I use it, I know that will help.

The saw has very low hours on it but is faded really, really bad - too bad to sand it out (I tried) I got it cheap so the paint is an experiment... if it does'nt hold up I'm not out much and it can't look any worse than it does now. Either way it runs great and thats all that really matters, I'll post some pics when I get it finished.

Latest posts

Back