Husky x-torque design ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chugbug

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
They burn less fuel and meet the new emissions regs. but how are they doing it , what is the design , is it all in the carb or some mods. to the cylinder .And do they still use a cat. Sorry if I missed this in previous posts .

Last edited:
strato charged

I have a Husqvarna 435, I don't think it has a cat, It looks to be a sign
of the times; deal with it or fix an old saw.
All of the saw makers have jumped on the clean air/turbo wagon now, even
Stihl & Dolmar, not an EPA issue, just less air cleaner maintenance.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IY7zQKw4qsQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IY7zQKw4qsQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"X-torque" mainly is a marketing bluff, to sweaten the bitter "pill" of the heavier strato saws - no sign of any extra torque has been found in independent dyno tests!

Thanks for all the info guys , I wasn't sure what this new design was all about .

"X-torque" mainly is a marketing bluff, to sweaten the bitter "pill" of the heavier strato saws - no sign of any extra torque has been found in independent dyno tests!

X-torq is the name for the new engine design, not a marketing bluff, LOL. It's huskies version of a strato engine, copied after the 441.:biggrinbounce2:

X-torq is the name for the new engine design, not a marketing bluff, LOL. It's huskies version of a strato engine, copied after the 441.:biggrinbounce2:

huh? Did red max make the 441?

You always forget the parts of the story that you don't like - Husky made "strato" saws long before the 441 came out, and that one has several features that are bluntly copied from Husky saws! :blob2::blob2::laugh::laugh::ices_rofl:

The failed 575?:laugh:

Whats wrong with the 575? any and all issues have been resolved, hence the 576. A few bearing issues, not a biggie, a first run production saw that needed alittle tweaking. Have yet to have a later production 575 come into the shop, other than for owners looking for air filters and bars and chains.

mweba may be closer historically

I think Husqvarna bought RedMax and acquired the stratocharged
technology, but that was last years news.

Whats wrong with the 575? any and all issues have been resolved, hence the 576. A few bearing issues, not a biggie, a first run production saw that needed alittle tweaking. Have yet to have a later production 575 come into the shop, other than for owners looking for air filters and bars and chains.

The whole saw was just a failure, maybe not that may issues but a failed attempt none the less. Don't rush the product if the homework isn't done. Intorducing the 576 was their solution, seems to be working.

The failed 575?:laugh:

...that the 441 basically is a copy of.....

The 575 sure wasn't perfect, but only some of the first ones were really bad, as far as I know.

You sure left your original statement in a hurry, without defending it - better go back and delete it then! :blob2::blob2:

Latest posts

Back