Husqvarna 136

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at Acre's site, and the descriptions of the 36 and 136 looked about the same, except he called the 136 an improved version of the 36.
Husky 36
Husky 136

What's the difference between the two?

most parts interchangable. different cosmetics. carbs have changed over the years. the 36 had 5mm exhaust studs. 136 has 6mm exhaust studs.

As a small town shop, I am not a Husqvarna dealer, nor Stihl.

But when I get a lower end Husqvarna, I get parts from my Poulan parts
dist., using the Husq. part numbers, or Poulan part numbers.

The parts are interchangeable/the same..............

Any assumption otherwise is kind of silly.

The Husq 136 part # for the crank is 530 029 794

The Poulan 2775 is too, as well as many others, some pp models, if that makes it easier........

No malice, just reality.......

Dear Fish since you own a poulan it would be very interesting to see if you order a part for a 136 like crank or similar could you fit it into a poulan? That they have poulan part numbers is for me obvious since they are assembled there and I persume that Poulan is the main distributer of replacement parts in the US.
I could be wrong and I definately donot have your experience but the funny thing is I know quite a few people who have them and read from quite a few people who use them as a homeowner and they very often describe as being very satisfied and doing an large amount of sawing with them.
Maybe I am wrong but since you have such a large experience with these cheapo models what is the unisono fault with them? Is it wrong fuel mixes(can end the life of any saw very quick)? Or do parts break very often(fuel lines, carbs or such)? Or do customers play with those funny screws on the side of the saw and then wonder why it isn't running like it used to (and "no they never did anything to it!")? Or strange it "just ain't cutting like it used to!" with a dull chain.

Please share your experience so homeowners/casual users like me know what to look out for on our insuffient little saws!

Thank you for your input and help

7sleeper

for very light use the 136 will be ok. they are definately better than any other $hit saw on the market. for someone as passionate about saws as yourself i think you should have gone with a 340 or similar :D

the 136 breaks down for 2 reasons:

1. The user is retarded and f:censored:s everything up
2. Its time is up

The parts are not ment for logjevity, but to keep it going for 10 years in the hands of someone who will only use it 10 hours a year. If you use it to cut a cord a week your will wear it out pretty quick

STK

....some are better than others, but the fact remains that they're meant for occasional use.

They all work, and I use them accordingly. To be perfectly honest, my Echos and Craftsman have gotten far more useage than the Stihl MS290 because of the size of wood that I was cutting, and their much lighter weight.

Use what you like, but don't bust a guys balls because his saw doesn't meet your expectations....

I wonder how many people on this site who are not proffesionals or even how many proffesionals have ever worn out a NEW saw? (No malfunction or similar.) How long did it take? How much wood did they cut with it before they died an honorful death on the scrap heap?

Who knows?!?

7sleeper

As a small town shop, I am not a Husqvarna dealer, nor Stihl.

But when I get a lower end Husqvarna, I get parts from my Poulan parts
dist., using the Husq. part numbers, or Poulan part numbers.

The parts are interchangeable/the same..............

Any assumption otherwise is kind of silly.

The Husq 136 part # for the crank is 530 029 794

The Poulan 2775 is too, as well as many others, some pp models, if that makes it easier........

No malice, just reality.......

I didn't know that! I am sorry if I insulted you in any way! For me it is just interesting to get valid info.

Thank you very much!

7sleeper

for very light use the 136 will be ok. they are definately better than any other $hit saw on the market. for someone as passionate about saws as yourself i think you should have gone with a 340 or similar :D

the 136 breaks down for 2 reasons:

1. The user is retarded and f:censored:s everything up
2. Its time is up

The parts are not ment for logjevity, but to keep it going for 10 years in the hands of someone who will only use it 10 hours a year. If you use it to cut a cord a week your will wear it out pretty quick

STK

That doesn't sound to bad like 100hrs of life. How much wood can you cut in that time? How much life in a prof. saw?

I would :heart: to have a Makita 6401 but for my approx. 5 cord/year it ain't worth it.:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

7sleeper

No insults either way......

Just putting up what it is............

Welcome to the site.....

I always jump in the discussion, when it makes a splash....................

No insults either way......

Just putting up what it is............

Welcome to the site.....

I always jump in the discussion, when it makes a splash....................

I guess it was only splashing my way .... :)

7sleeper

Thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated.
I didn't buy this saw for pro use, all I need it for is to cut up logs for burning, I have access to a lot of free scots pine and silver birch that is generally in 6ft lengths. I used to only take really small stuff, ie 6" diameter because thats all I could fit on my table saw, when I got offered the bigger stuff for free I decided it was time to get a chainsaw. Personally I would rather buy a known make like Husky or Stihl, basically because I know they work, thats why the pro's use them. I could have bought a plastic built one brand new for not a lot more money, but plastic being plastic, it breaks easy. I got the chance of the 136 at a reasonable price, it was all metal casings, adjustable carb, and came with a new chain and bar and original booklet, all in pretty good nick. I seriously don't expect it to perform as well as the pro end of the market, that's not what it's designed for, it's designed for home use. All being said it does what it' meant to do, and as long as I look after it, keep the chain sharp and oiled, and don't expect too much of it then it should last a while. I only envisage cutting up maybe 3 ton of logs a year (dont know what that is in cords, perhaps someone can explain that to me) It has cut through everything I have given it so far, well apart from after I hit the ground with it, but that was my fault, and after a quick sharpen it was fine again. As for wanting more chainsaws..............I already do, but just don't have the pennies at the moment, I have a large house with a huge heating bill and two young kids eating me out of house and home, hence the reason for wanting the free firewood. Thanks again for your answers and lively debate, it's pretty clear you have a lot of knowleable guys on here, I will be back with lots more questions.

cheers
daz

Parts are made in Sweden
attachment.php

The 136 is not a Poulan, even though Poulan assambled them for Husky.
attachment.php

That's the 36 though, does the 136 use the same crank/piston? What about the 235? Neighbor "saw" my 346XP in action and is now looking at Husky's instead of Craftsman lol. I was kinda steering him toward the Echo cs-400's on Ebay, but now looking at the MS180 and the 235. Is the 235 an "upgrade" for the 136 like the 450 was for the 350? (In other words a true downgrade instead)

I have had a 136 for over 10 years, and love it. It's a cheap little saw perfect for limbing or small work, and if you don't push it, it will last a pretty long time. The only problem that I had was not replacing the muffler correctly, and the exhaust gas melted the top of the oil tank. A little JB Weld and I was back running- complete brain fart on my end; not a flaw of the saw.

I am willing to compromise.......

The Poulan 2175/2775s are Green Husqvarnas.

But what about the Husqvarna 23, is that one of Husqvarna's finest?

A guy on E-bay says it is a pro "arborist's" saw.

I am willing to compromise.......

The Poulan 2175/2775s are Green Husqvarnas.

But what about the Husqvarna 23, is that one of Husqvarna's finest?

A guy on E-bay says it is a pro "arborist's" saw.

Fish, would you say that maybe the green Husqvarna's are not ripe? Does that Husqvarna 23 have a chrome cylinder?

Latest posts

Back