Husqvarna 162SE. PLEASE HELP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just thank God it had a 28" bar on it. It sure did the job for me, never seemed to struggle to run it. I ran a 91VS chain on it the last weekend of the job and I really love the 91VS chain. Should have started the job with it. I'm not sure what was on it before the 91VS but it didn't cut anything like the 91VS. The 91VS would power through the limbs up to the 28" range in maybe 20 seconds or less. The drive sprocket looked really good when I put the 91VS chain on. Little to no wear. Not sure what condition it's in now that the job's done. Will need to check that.

I don't know if the 162se ever had a heat shield on it or not but I wish it would have had one while cutting up this tree. Even with a gloves on the heat from the exhaust was burring up my hand. That would be the one thing that would force me to take a break now and then.

:confused: Ooooch! a 91VS is a lo-pro chain, that generally doesn't fit on a regular 3/8" set-up....:confused::confused:

:confused: Ooooch! a 91VS is a lo-pro chain, that generally doesn't fit on a regular 3/8" set-up....:confused::confused:

Your so right oh knowledgeable one. I had to go check after seeing your post. I kept the box so I could remember to get the same one in the future. So much for remembering LOL. The burned up Poulans got the 91VS chain the Husky got a Stihl Oilomatic full chisel chain. I bought them both at a local saw shop near my brothers place and I remember the guy really selling me on the 91VS, it was a night and day difference to the factory chain on the Poulans. I used the Poulans on the roots at the trunk, sand and all they did good until the saws died. That Stihl Oilomatic was a vast improvement over the old chain on the Husky, but that old chain had been sharpened to nubs and had a few teeth missing.

Back