Husqvarna 2100 Fuel LIne

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpope

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have searched and spent hours reading. I did not find a post that said do that this way.. So, I gotta ask..
How do you replace the fuel line? Does the tank need to be separated from the crankcase?
The old line was rotted badly. I bought 501426502 and have tried to fit it into the tank. I do not wish to tear a hole in a new line so I have been cautious about the pressure I apply.
This leads me to asking how do I do this.. my workshop manual does not inform me as to how..

I have a 2101, I would have to look tommorow to refresh my memory. I have done more Stihl fuel line's, but have done a few husky's. Sometime's I have been able to tie a wire, or string to the line, and pull them up, and through the tank. You can wd-40, grease or somehow lube the line to make it easier. It seem's harder than it is, once you get it going you will figure it out, just don't pull super hard on the line, but you can pull without hurting it.

I took my tank off the saw as it needed fuel and both oil lines replaced, was good I did as I found a few worn AV mounts and a broken one. Replace the o rings on the manual oiler, this is where fuel leaked into the oil tank and rotted them out. The fuel line is fitted and just slid right in, pulled the end out the fill hole and attached a new filter. I also replaced the vent line and used a Echo vent.

Thanks for the replies so far. I have the new line threaded in from inside the tank. The carb is in the way of making a straight pull to seat the line.

Whether it's a 2100 or a 288 or any other husky with the "built in grommet".....I find it easier to just unhook the throttle linkage, take the rear AV mount screws out and drop the rear of the tank down to get some room.......

I also take a pair of side cutters, and "nip" the top side of the grommet lip....It pops in easier and never leaks......It still takes a good tug to get it to pop into the tank.

IMG_4013.jpg

I've done several. What HomeliteJim explains is correct. Sounds difficult but, is not.

I followed homelitejim's advise. It worked and was simpler than the workbook makes it out to be. Fould my oil lines and AV buffers in good shape.

Latest posts

Back