Husqvarna 2100cd project saw that is now a runner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a limiter in the carb. If you look on the side of it, you'll see a big brass screw. Usually, it is blocked off with a piece of aluminum (think pop can etc.).

dnash already pointed out about the gov in the carb.My 181 and 281 has tilly's with the gov in them.On the right side of the carb you will see a brass plug if i remember wright close to the choke lever That could be your trouble.

Mike

I didnt get a chance to put the tach on it yet but it doent seem to be running the rpms i thaught it would. Ill have to check on the plug...whats the best way to bypass it?

I didnt get a chance to put the tach on it yet but it doent seem to be running the rpms i thaught it would. Ill have to check on the plug...whats the best way to bypass it?

I have not had any proublem with mine but you can take the plug and check ball out and plug it with a small piece of aluminum or thin piece of shim stock.

Mike

Ok guys i cut a piece of aluminum can to fit down in the hole of where the brass plug goes in and screwed the plug back in to block off the govenor....is that how you guys did it?. And i tached it in to 10,700 rpm as it seems thats exactly where it wants to be.....should the rpms be higher without the govenor?. And i have a 32" oregon powermatch bar and chain on it now.

I have always heard 10,500. I think that's where I would keep it. The can trick sound's like you did it right, That's exactly the way I was told by these guy's. Then found out mine was the newer style without the governor. Awesom saw's man. Post a pic of that thing on my 2101 muscle saw thread. LOve to see it. Norm...........

185473d1306614495-sam_0380-jpg

Some nice 2100's there!

Funny this thread surfaced again, that one in the back is an old 1100, half wrap from up Nordth. Just finished a muff mod for it last night. It is kinda' moddled after the old 63 Max Wedge scoop.

185473d1306614495-sam_0380-jpg

Funny this thread surfaced again, that one in the back is an old 1100, half wrap from up Nordth. Just finished a muff mod for it last night. It is kinda' moddled after the old 63 Max Wedge scoop.

Now we're gonna have to see this one! lol

It's kind of wild, but I will mosey out here after a bit a snap a few pics.

LOL! It surprised me too, forgot about this thread, been awhile, but I love seeing all the 1100-2100-01 threads! I am a true fan sa you know from my muscle saw thread.

They are crappy cell phone pics but they do the job..lol

Here's the "Max Wedge" exhaust type scoop.

attachment.php

Forgive the appearance, need to do a little grinding and get some more buffing compond. She sure is loud though!

Moddled after the "Max Wedge", kinda looks like a Duck bill eh?

attachment.php

Don't worry, we'll take the die grinder to that inner "hole" and take it all the way out. It's just a bit hot out in the shed right now!

Back