Husqvarna 262xp clutch??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northwoods18

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've got a little problem here have a husky 262 on my bench i'm tryin to get running, i knew when i bought it that the clutch was bad, the piston and cylinder look fine and the saw is in pretty decent shape but i'm having trouble locating a new clutch for it, i have been told a 261 clutch will work, but i don't look like the same clutch to me? any ideas??

The 261 clutch will work. It just has two shoes rather than three, making it look a bit different. There have been guys who souped up their 261's to a 262, and the existing two shoe clutch has been stated to handle the extra horsepower. I'll bet it would wear faster than a three shoe clutch though.;)

I've got a 257 and a 261 converted to a 262 ( except for 3 shoe clutch) as well as a true 262. When I was getting all my info on here about doing my conversions, most all these guys said changing the clutch wasn't needed. I agree, I cant tell any difference between em. Also, the clutch off a 51 and a 55 are the exact same as a 257 and a 261. There's more of em listed as 55s so they are a little easier to find.
Didn't know the 357/359 clutch would work. Good to know.

I found several 262 clutches with just a couple of minutes of searching.

I have a couple of 261 clutches on 262's and they run just fine.
where did find the 262 clutches? I was checking e-bay and the only 3-shoe 262 clutch was $75.00 and $25.00 shipping, I also checked bailey's and didn't see any?

Latest posts

Back