Husqvarna 262xp clutch??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
northwoods18

northwoods18

ArboristSite Operative
I've got a little problem here have a husky 262 on my bench i'm tryin to get running, i knew when i bought it that the clutch was bad, the piston and cylinder look fine and the saw is in pretty decent shape but i'm having trouble locating a new clutch for it, i have been told a 261 clutch will work, but i don't look like the same clutch to me? any ideas??

SkippyKtm

SkippyKtm

The Lorax, my FIL rip...
The 261 clutch will work. It just has two shoes rather than three, making it look a bit different. There have been guys who souped up their 261's to a 262, and the existing two shoe clutch has been stated to handle the extra horsepower. I'll bet it would wear faster than a three shoe clutch though.;)

puddlejumper

puddlejumper

I've got a 257 and a 261 converted to a 262 ( except for 3 shoe clutch) as well as a true 262. When I was getting all my info on here about doing my conversions, most all these guys said changing the clutch wasn't needed. I agree, I cant tell any difference between em. Also, the clutch off a 51 and a 55 are the exact same as a 257 and a 261. There's more of em listed as 55s so they are a little easier to find.
Didn't know the 357/359 clutch would work. Good to know.