Husqvarna 266 SE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks...will it bolt on to my clutch cover? I like the look of the metal better.

I suspect you need more than just the metal brake handle on that cover, and the plasic handle will not fit at all. What you really need is a newer cover, with plastic brake, if you can't find used or NOS parts - and want a chain brake.

The chain brakes were optional back then, so the saw may never have had one.

All I can help with, is the IPL from june 1985, that shows the parts and part numbers (frame A). http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/partslist/husqvarna266-1985-06.PDF

I suspect it doesn't help much though, so as I and others said, you likely need to get a newer cover, with the plastic handle.

The chain brakes were optional back then, so the saw may never have had one.

All I can help with, is the IPL from june 1985, that shows the parts and part numbers (frame A). http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/partslist/husqvarna266-1985-06.PDF

I suspect it doesn't help much though, so as I and others said, you likely need to get a newer cover, with the plastic handle.
Hey thanks Mr. Troll look like im missing alot of parts lol hopefully someone will help me.

That saw looks very nice - but what's up with the air intake? :surprised3:

Is there an air filter at all, or are a K&N type filter supposed to sit on the wide metal tube that is protruding at the rear of the top cover? That is not standard (or OEM), and the top cover obviously has been cut into....:wtf:

Also, the wrap handlebar is a sign that the saw likely is from the left coast of the US. The saw seems to have been modified along the lines of the Jonsered "West Coast" saws?

It's probably modified a bit, yes.
The rest seems to me that it have been maintained well, at least on the photos you've shown so far.
Would like to see more pictures of it. Can not really get enough of pictures from the 2xx series to Husky.

I agree about it being a bit of a shame as that top cover is otherwise pretty nice, but I kinda like the stack... call me crazy.

Back