Husqvarna 266 SE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 428217 Well I found a metal flag on eBay for 21$. So I drove to mentone to an old saw shop usually they are quite rude unless you are buying a new saw, but today they were nice there was an old 61 on the table and I said that brake set up is what I need he says I'll go out back and see what I got, usually they don't have time, he came back with a 266 we 1984 carcass 25$ sold with a complete brake assy yeah...View attachment 428217

Kewl as all get out! That is about the only way to find one now, a NOS one would be very scarce, they are out there but not seen often.

It was Perry Pioneer's 266 I was talking about the finish of, not yours.

Of course I know of the different brake handles, what I was commenting on in the last part of my post was the clutch covers themselves - not the brake handles.

I would take the plastic brake handles over the metal ones any day - for anything else than a pure collectors piece (but I am not a collector).

Sorry Nikko, thought you were referring to my old saw, I havn`t seen a plastic clutch cover yet.

Back