Husqvarna 340/345/350 Jonsered 2141/2145/2150 Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only way to get the seal off the bearing is to destroy it, it's a bear to get the new seal back on.
OKay, now I know why I was having difficulty. Looks like there is a metal sleeve around the inside of the seal. Maybe I'd be better off just buying the combined seal and bearing.
Also the piston is toast but the cylinder might be saved. Not sure this is the route I want to take, however. Either a 353 P&C or a 44.3 /45 mm kit. Kafar seems to have a nice one on Ebay but the piston looks kinda dull. NOt sure if its the pic or not.

I don't think you can buy the bearing and seal together .... best to buy the best bearings you can ... MM recommends Nachi... 6202's I think... open bearings, not sealed.

I haven't used the kafar 44.3 kit yet... but I wouldn't worry too much about the dull piston... that wouldn't bother me anyway, the ring does the seal, and as long as the plating is ok you're good

Zogger, MM and Brad posted pics of their 350 / 346xp jug work but the pics are no longer visible (2010, 2011 stuff) So I'm not going nutso on this, just gonna time the exhaust, widen the exhaust a touch, square it up, bevel, play with the intake a bit too. I really don't know much what else to do to the transfer ports. I smoothed them out, beveled, and adjusted the timing, but I'm worried that if I hog them out I'd lose velocity.

under the trans covers some people grind the divider thinner and some grind it all off, i have done it both ways and dont think there is much difference so i take it out on them now

Zogger, MM and Brad posted pics of their 350 / 346xp jug work but the pics are no longer visible (2010, 2011 stuff) So I'm not going nutso on this, just gonna time the exhaust, widen the exhaust a touch, square it up, bevel, play with the intake a bit too. I really don't know much what else to do to the transfer ports. I smoothed them out, beveled, and adjusted the timing, but I'm worried that if I hog them out I'd lose velocity.
You're not getting any velocity in those transfer ports anyway. Just look inside them then compare that to the oem .

I assumed you were talking about the Hyway quad port cyl. you have, the Meteor quad port cylinder is virtually identical. The transfer ports are curved, directing the air toward the center of the cyl. BUT the inside of those ports next to the cylinder has no curvature, it's just a big cavern in there.

I'll have to take pics of the hyway I have... not sure if I agree w/ "it's just a big cavern in there" ... the angle at the top of the transfer is likely quite acute ... which may slow down velocity

so if you have pics of an OE stock port I'd love to see it, and likewise I'll get a pic of the hyway kit.

from your above statement its also unclear if the meteor kit is close to OE or closer to the hyway one....

I'll have to take pics of the hyway I have... not sure if I agree w/ "it's just a big cavern in there" ... the angle at the top of the transfer is likely quite acute ... which may slow down velocity

so if you have pics of an OE stock port I'd love to see it, and likewise I'll get a pic of the hyway kit.

from your above statement its also unclear if the meteor kit is close to OE or closer to the hyway one....
The Hyway and Meteor AM kits are virtually identical. Sorry no pictures, I sold both the ones I had. The OEM I'm referring to is the 346 ne.
When you look inside the transfer port, the inner side is straight up the cyl. wall. The outer side of the port is curved, it is not a port, it's just a big hole.

Ah, now I got what you mean. ...though I'm pretty sure the hyway is curved on both the inner and outer aspects... i'll post pics later when I get at the cylinder. Also need to have proper lighting... i'll work on it.

I can understand the port not having as good velocity if the inner wall isn't curved similar to the out wall... if the inner wall IS the cylinder wall that's just weird... would make most sense if the transfer port diameter ... or better yet .... "cross sectional area" was unaltered throughout its whole profile.... then velocity would be constant ...

maybe meteor finds it easier to manufacture w/ a cavern?

Latest posts

Back