Husqvarna 345 Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joed

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Any comments on owners or users of this saw would be highly appreciated. I ran a search and did not find anything.
Thanks

jokers has a "tuned" 345 and he's pretty pleased by the little saw from what i can tell. buddy of mine has one and its ok - doesn't have an adjustable oiler though - has 3hp. if you get one - the first thing to do is get rid of the vg chain that comes on it - its completely useless, almost as bad as stihls picco micro crap.

Hi, Tundraotto has a good point about lacking an adjustable oiler, you may want that feature. I think he`s also right about the saw being O.K. I haven`t seen where you said what you plan to do with it. Modifying the muffler the way I did paid big dividends, but if you aren`t planning on doing this, I don`t think I`d consider it anything more than a limbing saw. Considering that you can buy one for about the same as a Craftsman, or a little more than the biggest Wallyworld Poulan, I`d say it has a valid place in the world. It is a nice little saw to run and it performs well as long as you understand it`s lack of displacement. I`ve got a little story about it and an 026 being indistinguishable in performance, but I don`t have the time to tell all the details right now. Russ

Howdy,

I'm afraid I'd have lean in the direction of agreement with Tundraotto about the VG or Vanguard chain. I'll have to take exception to the comments on Stihl Pico Micro however. Stihl has corrected the cutter design a good bit on this chain, and you now can actually get a file in it. Their original model was not their greatest contribution to the industry.

Have you ever tried to set the depthgauges on a Vanguard chain? I find it durn near impossible to file these things. May be it is designed like the original shock absorbers on a N. American made car. Supposed to get it out of the show room and not much more.

Regards,
Walt Galer

Latest posts

Back