Husqvarna 345 issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegraham83

Reaction score
Just recently bought a used 345 for cheap, I’ve checked the piston and cylinder through the exhaust side, looks great inside no pitting or scrapping. Compression feels solid(have not verified with gauge). When I got it the saw had been sitting for a while but I could get it to fire up and idle for a second on choke but it would die out. I figured it was just a carb issue from sitting so I bought a cheap carb and put on it and I got it too idle and somewhat run with throttle however I could not get it dialed it(seems like the low idle screw isn’t actually making throttle response any better, always has a bog) wasn’t too worried because i figured the cheap carb is not adjusting just right but the weird thing is after the saw runs for 15 mins or so it reverts back to only running with the choke on and then dies out fairly quick. Am I missing something or does this sound like a cheap carb issue

Latest posts

Back