Husqvarna 760 Issue.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tothemax

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Gents,

I have a Husqvarna with a brand-new piston and cylinder on it. It starts and runs fine but when you go to throttle it up it hits a wall where it sits for a short while then goes to full RPM. I looked at the carb and it looks great. I set it the same as the 2nd saw that runs fine but it still lags.

I have an identical saw that I also rebuilt with the same piston and cylinder kit and it revs up immediately with no lag. The only difference between the two is age. One had a version 1 Cylinder and the other had a version 2. I noticed larger intake holes as one of the differences.

What else do I need to look for?

Gents,

I have a Husqvarna with a brand-new piston and cylinder on it. It starts and runs fine but when you go to throttle it up it hits a wall where it sits for a short while then goes to full RPM. I looked at the carb and it looks great. I set it the same as the 2nd saw that runs fine but it still lags.

I have an identical saw that I also rebuilt with the same piston and cylinder kit and it revs up immediately with no lag. The only difference between the two is age. One had a version 1 Cylinder and the other had a version 2. I noticed larger intake holes as one of the differences.

I'm not familiar with a Husqvarna 760 but it sounds like a carb adjustment would go a long way to correct your issue. Intake port size is not relevant to the issue.

Gents,

Did you rebuild the carb?
Concrete buildup in/on the linkage somewhere?

Carb is clean on the inside. No bad gaskets or buildup.

Yes I did try to adjust the carb and it didn't make much of a difference.

I swapped the plug over to an ngk and it seemed to clear up most of the issue.

Back