Husqvarna 350 comparison video with cut times!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the 340 I had, I changed out the oil pump for the adjustable one.

I think there is a small amount of space between the cylinder skirt and the side of the block enough that the impulse hole does have some communication. Really kinda bass ackwards if you ask me, so gotta get the dremel in there and make a good size communication.

My stock 350 cylinder has the impulse hole on the carb intake where the boot slides on the cylinder. Am I really confused or is the 346 different?

Thanks to Mike, I got the bearing cup/cylinder base today and got the saw together. I've not yet priced the shipping to get it there in time though. This saw was parts in a box when I got home from work today.

340_1-L.jpg

340_2-L.jpg

340_3-L.jpg

340_4-L.jpg

Another Bad Braderized saw :baba:

Husky sure covered all the cc bases :)

Never heard of a 340/345
they sold quite alot 345 in their time in Norway, they are good performer in their class even it's a pure clamshell, there is lots of them that is still in duty so I guess they wasnt so bad after all :)
I never had interest for them, but I never had interest for any of those 3xx serie saws, first with my last 346 XPG OE I got interest for those neat saws, nowadays I grab them all, 345 included, those 340/345/350 provide me with super cheap parts.

A huge thanks to all the hard work that went into making these graphs!

I'm stoked. It's making at least 4 HP from 6K-13K, and is peaking at about 5.3 HP @ 11,750! That's what a 372XP is rated at! Perhaps more importantly, it's making close to 5 HP from 9K all the way to 12K for a really nice wide powerband. All this from a cheap little homeowners saw ;) It makes me want to know if an actual 346 would be any stronger. I don't have a dyno but I will be doing some additional testing myself.

Screenshot_2016-05-10-07-46-58-L.png

Screenshot_2016-05-10-07-47-14-L.png

A huge thanks to all the hard work that went into making these graphs!

I'm stoked. It's making at least 4 HP from 6K-13K, and is peaking at about 5.3 HP @ 11,750! That's what a 372XP is rated at! Perhaps more importantly, it's making close to 5 HP from 9K all the way to 12K for a really nice wide powerband. All this from a cheap little homeowners saw ;) It makes me want to know if an actual 346 would be any stronger. I don't have a dyno but I will be doing some additional testing myself.

Screenshot_2016-05-10-07-46-58-L.png

Screenshot_2016-05-10-07-47-14-L.png
I'm wondering that myself Brad. Isn't a 350 lighter than a 346?

Latest posts

Back