Husqvarna 350 comparison video with cut times!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a crazy, busy, and productive evening. I left work and headed south an hour to buy a 340. Upon disassembly and inspection, it's had no more than 1 or 2 tanks of fuel through it. It's literally like new. I got home about 6:30. I proceeded to disassemble and clean the 340, what little it needed, and got it ready for the 346 topend. I then machined, degreed, and ported a new OEM NE 346 topend for it, using my 346 to set it up. All I need now is the riser block and it'll be ready to go together. I may just make this deadline yet!

Thanks to Mike, I got the bearing cup/cylinder base today and got the saw together. I've not yet priced the shipping to get it there in time though. This saw was parts in a box when I got home from work today.

340_1-L.jpg

340_2-L.jpg

340_3-L.jpg

340_4-L.jpg

It seems as strong as a 346XP by feel. Of course you'd have to run both in the same wood to know that, which I wasn't able to do yet.

It'll be headed to CT tomorrow via USPS Priority Mail. I hope it makes it in time. All other options were WAY too expensive.

It seems as strong as a 346XP by feel. Of course you'd have to run both in the same wood to know that, which I wasn't able to do yet.

It'll be headed to CT tomorrow via USPS Priority Mail. I hope it makes it in time. All other options were WAY too expensive.
Runs good Brad! Did you spin a popup for that saw?

Yes I did. Here's the funny thing. I had forgotten to make an impulse passage in the bearing cap/cylinder base. I have no idea how it was even running. I had it back apart after this. It's now on its way north.

How does it run if the carb cant pump fuel ? Did you shave enough off the bearing cap to wipe out the impulse passage ?

Your welcome Brad..... Lol
What impulse passage? :)

How does it run if the carb cant pump fuel ? Did you shave enough off the bearing cap to wipe out the impulse passage ?
I didn't deck the block, only the base of the cylinder. I have no idea how it ran, and it ran well!

Back