Husqvarna 350 issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood Scrounge

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Need some help with a Husqvarna 350 idle issue.
I put a new cylinder, piston and ring in the saw and have had a problem ever since.

The saw starts and idles well. throttles up fine; Let off the throttle, it idles down, sputters for 5-15 seconds and cuts out. The saw seems to idle indefinitely right after starting on the high idle.

I can't seem to get it to stop doing this, I've tried adjusting the carb's adjustments several times to no avail.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The 350 might be the most leak prone saw ever built. The plastic clamp intakes are a known issue. The other area prone to leak is where the aluminum cylinder riser attaches to the plastic crankcase. Dirko is your friend. They will even leak where the impulse nipple of the intake boot attaches to the cylinder. But who knows, could be your coil, plug, fuel line, tank vent, fuel filter, plugged carb, poor compression, bad wire. At least if you do your pressure test you can rule that out. Just because you put a new component on, don't rule it out. Maybe you even plugged the impulse port when you put the cylinder on.

dsell, you really narrowed it down for him. Joking, really good info.

A newb like me with no comp or vac tester might try cleaning and kitting the carb first, hoping some trash got in it while it was off or weak diaphrams. You have access to pulse line to test while it's off.

One of the other gurus (YouTube afleetcommand?) mentioned using different threaded cup bolts in the early versions and checking the cup face for high spots on a table top if you pull it to reseal.

These little engines can be a nightmare. I'm very familiar with the 350 and have photos if there is something specific you question. It does take time to come up with adapters to pressure or vac test these saws, but you really need to with this model. The metal Mity-Vac kit with pressure or vacuum is a very nice kit. Take a look at my most recent nightmare caused by a bad "new" part. Perfect example of inducing a new problem.

https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...oes-dies-on-acceleration.317581/#post-6489973

Back