Husqvarna 353

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decableguy2000

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I've got a few questions about a Husqvarna 353. First how do they compare to the 55's. Second how is the parts availability? Haven't seen a lot on EBay or even on here a whole lot. I have the chance to get one that may or may not have a P&C for $30 another 55 for the same amount and condition. I figure for 30 bucks even P&C are shot the 55 it will give lots of parts for my other 2.

Jeremy

A 353 should keep up with a 55, about the same size saw and a lot better than the 455 Rancher. Its a fairly new saw so you should be able to get parts at any Husky dealer.

Parts are available everywhere, its a current model. Same power and size as a 55, they are very similar performance wise. 353 might have a little better anti vib

I've got a few questions about a Husqvarna 353. First how do they compare to the 55's. Second how is the parts availability? Haven't seen a lot on EBay or even on here a whole lot. I have the chance to get one that may or may not have a P&C for $30 another 55 for the same amount and condition. I figure for 30 bucks even P&C are shot the 55 it will give lots of parts for my other 2.

Jeremy

Most parts of the 353 are the same and directly interchangeable with the 346, at least with the old edition.

Most parts of the 353 are the same and directly interchangeable with the 346, at least with the old edition.

...and the newer ones with the New Edition 346xp....

Nothing wrong really with the 353 - it is a pro quality saw, just not very exiting if you have used a NE346xp or Dolmar 5100S........:)

The 353 performs about on par with the MS260.

Back