Husqvarna 372 euro vs. USA muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miles86

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I ordered a new muffler for this saw and I (my error) ordered the type that has the round pipe exiting the front right corner of the muffler body, not the type with the top exit and screen fittings.

I was wondering if this will reduce the saw's HP at all? The website for europe give the same HP as the USA model? It does fit the saw perfectly.

This new muffler has a baffle in the middle with a large (quarter coin size) round hole in the baffle. I'm probably going to us it just so I don't have to go through returning the part, it's really well made too.

Thanks for any info.

i think the main difference is no spark screen which is required in some places

so it is the same with my MS 440 muff.
european muffler has baffles and no screen.
american has screen but no baffles inside.
wonder what the reason is (besides EPA)?

I suspect you are at least as well off with the one you got, unless you need to use the spark screen - but it hard to know without comparing them on the saw.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Thanks again for this info, I am in an area where I can omit the spark screen, so I'm going to use the version I have with the round pipe, saw sounds good and seems to run the same as the original type.

Those are the perfect mufflers to mod too, if you decide to go that route.

No i think they are illegal in the US.. you could face a fine. Please send it to me in the UK where it's OK to use :jester:

Seriously though, I live in the UK but have some UK spec Huskys and some US spec. It's hard to tell but if anything I'd say the UK spec ones have a larger exhaust area than the US ones with flat slit and screen.

But don't you really need the "jungle" muffler

The jungle muffler is like a EPA/US muffler but with baffles inside, i have used all three mufflers but think the EPA/US muffler is the best one mod :)

Back