husqvarna 372xp why did I take the throttle trigger apart

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whew, good to hear. Now you can help the next guy in a year or two when it comes up again?

Frustrating at best.

I'll do my best. I was close to leaving it out. In the 7 years I have owned by 362xp it has never had the spring. I was thinking how many times in those 7 years I wished that spring was there. Exactly zero times. I don't like to half ass things though if I don't absolutely have to. Its a slippery slope. It was equally frustrating as replacing the alternator in my Saab today for the second time in two months.

My last time putting the spring in was on a used 372 I traded for and there was no lever in the handle. I put a after market Forester lever in it. The lever had to be adjusted with a file a good bit to work properly. So I had it in and out several times.

Napa rebuilt. They have two levels of rebuild. Standard and premium. I didn't know that the first time. Premium is in there now. It was only 20 bucks more.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Napa rebuilt. They have two levels of rebuild. Standard and premium. I didn't know that the first time. Premium is in there now. It was only 20 bucks more.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
I once replaced the alternator in a Toyota 4WD van 4 times in two weeks. The first time took me 4 hours to work it out of the undercarriage and the last time it took less than 1/2 hour.

Turns out that the auto electric shop I was using had a box of bad brushes. That was in the days when there were no Chinese parts.

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk

Well wasn't 2 years later, but 2.5. I finally found this thread and I hope to get mine fixed with this information today. I have been scratching my head for over a week on it by now. I just wanted to say Thank you to all that posted in this thread.

A 372 xp trigger is the only thing that caused me to take a saw to the shop in 20 years and I have rebuilt all types of saws. That's the truth. Mine came apart when I was putting in a carb kit. I had never worked on a husky and must have went about it the wrong way.

I gave up. Every time I thought I had it, the rod popped back out.

I would like to "piggyback" a somewhat different but related question please. I am rebuilding a basket 372 saw. The handle was on the case. When I rebuilt the intake assembly, I do not have any (or very little)throttle cable movement when the trigger is pulled. I believe the end of the throttle cable may have come off the trigger.

1) Is it necessary to remove the handle from the frame to get the cable end back on ?

2) Is it necessary to remove the trigger assembly and go through the nightmare above?

Thanks !

Latest posts

Back