Husqvarna 455 or 450?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evin

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a friend that want a new Husqvarna saw and we have narrowed it down to running a 16 bar and either a 455 or 450? I have heard mixed reviews about the 455 and good reviews for the older 350, but I have no clue about the 450. Any pros/cons for these 2 saws?

Dont know about the 450, but the 455 is a turd if there ever was one....

Between the two of them the 455 weighs more and makes about the same power.

The old 350 would get the nod from me in a heartbeat between the two of them. slow is slow. Slow and heavy is another thing, and the 455 is all about slow and heavy.

If he's looking for cheap and only cuts occaisionally though, the refurbed 455's are cheap. Just heavy and slow.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I wish I could get my hands on a new 55 as mine is great. My friend wants a new saw...does not want other peoples problems. He would also consider an ECHO...what would be comparable? I just want to get him a saw that will have parts sometime down the line if needed.

I wish I could get my hands on a new 55 as mine is great. My friend wants a new saw...does not want other peoples problems. He would also consider an ECHO...what would be comparable? I just want to get him a saw that will have parts sometime down the line if needed.

Bang for the buck it's hard to beat the Makita sale at Bailys.

That said, some Husky dealers still have a 350 laying around, and occaisionally get refurbed 450s.

Have him eyeball the 359's as well.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I have a 455 and I really like it. It is a hard working, dependable saw. If you have the money to buy the 455 all you have to do is spend just a few bucks more and be the proud owner of a 346XP. Put a 16 inch bar on that and you will have one of the meanest saws in your county.

My friend is mister frugal... I would consider a Makita, but I'm not sure about getting parts down the road where Husky will be there. I think toping out at $400 plus tax would be the most he would spend.

Latest posts

Back