Husqvarna 550 xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stgcutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just a clip from the other day in some old dry oak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there supposed to be a video here? I don't see it.
I will just use my imagination though.:laugh:;)

Yeah it wouldn't upload from my iphone I'll try later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted it under my name. Trent Griffith and video is named "husky 550" I don't know computers at all.

If I plan on using my saws for work I have the equipment like, chaps, helmet, steel toe boots. Just did a quick cut after mowing the field. The saw is 100% stock and is running a 20 inch .325 pitch chain

Have you tried running the 20" bar in a bigger tree yet? I bought an 18" bar with mine, it cut a 20-22" Douglas Fir no problem, so I was curious how the 20" bar would run in bigger wood???

It's the same. I can't really tell a difference. I like the longer bar for limbing and I cut some pine and popular with it. The bigger hardwood goes to my 288

If I plan on using my saws for work I have the equipment like, chaps, helmet, steel toe boots. Just did a quick cut after mowing the field. The saw is 100% stock and is running a 20 inch .325 pitch chain
Eye wear too.;)

Nice video, Nice saw too.

More vehicle accidents happen on those "I was just running to the store quick" trips than any others. Accidents don't have a bias as to when they will happen. (short session or all day work). Safety wear ALWAYS!:)

Enjoy your SAW!!!

Yeah thanks. A buddy of mine, his father has a ported 550 and I can run mine with him pretty good. It's a nice strong saw. Some people I've heard of having issues with the auto tune but just give it a few minutes to warm up

Yeah thanks. A buddy of mine, his father has a ported 550 and I can run mine with him pretty good. It's a nice strong saw. Some people I've heard of having issues with the auto tune but just give it a few minutes to warm up
I let mine idle for about a minute when cold, works great. I have had no problems starting mine at all, just make sure you use the fast idle for warm starts. It is really impressive to hear these saws dial in for maximum rpm and torque in the cut.

I got the 550 new from the dealer I was originally going to buy a 445 and came out with this.

Back