Husqvarna 550 xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stgcutter

Stgcutter

ArboristSite Operative
If I plan on using my saws for work I have the equipment like, chaps, helmet, steel toe boots. Just did a quick cut after mowing the field. The saw is 100% stock and is running a 20 inch .325 pitch chain

Stgcutter

Stgcutter

ArboristSite Operative
It's the same. I can't really tell a difference. I like the longer bar for limbing and I cut some pine and popular with it. The bigger hardwood goes to my 288

CenterTree

CenterTree

Firewood hacker
If I plan on using my saws for work I have the equipment like, chaps, helmet, steel toe boots. Just did a quick cut after mowing the field. The saw is 100% stock and is running a 20 inch .325 pitch chain
Eye wear too.;)

Nice video, Nice saw too.

More vehicle accidents happen on those "I was just running to the store quick" trips than any others. Accidents don't have a bias as to when they will happen. (short session or all day work). Safety wear ALWAYS!:)

Enjoy your SAW!!!

Stgcutter

Stgcutter

ArboristSite Operative
Yeah thanks. A buddy of mine, his father has a ported 550 and I can run mine with him pretty good. It's a nice strong saw. Some people I've heard of having issues with the auto tune but just give it a few minutes to warm up

Firewood Fanatic

Firewood Fanatic

ArboristSite Member
Yeah thanks. A buddy of mine, his father has a ported 550 and I can run mine with him pretty good. It's a nice strong saw. Some people I've heard of having issues with the auto tune but just give it a few minutes to warm up
I let mine idle for about a minute when cold, works great. I have had no problems starting mine at all, just make sure you use the fast idle for warm starts. It is really impressive to hear these saws dial in for maximum rpm and torque in the cut.

Latest posts