Husqvarna 562 Kicks azzzzzzzz

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatboymoe

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A couple of days ago, a friend of mine and myself broke in a couple of new 562's . Mine is box stock with a 20" Stihl bar and RSC chain, and his is ported and sports a 20" Total bar with the same Stihl RSC chain. Both saws were run with VP 94 octane fuel and Bel Ray H1R @40-1 ratio and the elevation was 3000ft.

The first cuts were 20" pine and we made a lot of cookies. We started with the OEM Husqvarna chains and quickly switched to the RSC's. I am really impressed with both saws!! My friends ported saw has better throttle response and is faster than mine. But, and I do mean but, the stock 562 is no slouch by any means. I was really impressed with both.

After playing with the Pine, we took a short break and started in on some serious downed Oak. This impressed me even more. I am terrible at estimating how much wood we cut, but it was a lot. 18" to 24" in diameter. This is where the ported saw really shined. My stock saw is impressive, but ported is faster. I also believe they will only get better as they break in.

The Auto-Tune is pretty cool. Both saws started easily when cold. Remembering to use the fast idle when starting warm will teach you really fast to follow the start procedures. Old habits are hard to break. The compression release really isn't needed at any time. The other thing that was noticeable was how cool these things run. The air injection must really work on this model.

I am sure my friend will chime in here and add his comments as well. I am glad I bought my 562. I will MM it soon, but I don't know about porting it. It really runs well, better than I expected actually.

Sounds like and awesome day. 60 cc is a great all-around saw. Now get yourself some RSL and really let them rip.

Get RSL if and only you can maintain it.
Like he said! RSC is great chain. RSL is definitely a "niche" market. I was mostly joking because almost all threads on AS about chainsaws wind up with people saying you have an absolute "TURD" unless it's been ported and running square-file chain. Clearly, stock or muff. modded saws and round file chains are what 99% of people run, and they seem to get alot of work done...

Like he said! RSC is great chain. RSL is definitely a "niche" market. I was mostly joking because almost all threads on AS about chainsaws wind up with people saying you have an absolute "TURD" unless it's been ported and running square-file chain. Clearly, stock or muff. modded saws and round file chains are what 99% of people run, and they seem to get alot of work done...

Thats about how i see it , and files arent cheap .. and i can make round noticeably faster than off the roll square with 4 or 5 swipes anyway.

By now the latest generation 562's should be a better unit than when they first were released. Husky should have fixed the little bugs to do with fuel delivery and electronics by now. A 562xp working as intended is probably the best performing 60cc felling saw that is very respectable stock.

Back