Husqvarna equivalent to the Stihl ms361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need someone to donate a 361 to run against the all mighty 262XP.
I dont care about anti vib and the clutch, I care about power, and this saw has it. If Husqvarna would come out with a 62cc saw on the 357 chassis I would buy three of them on the spot

attachment.php

I'll donate you one for oh bout 599.95,LOLOLOL

Hey thats not a bad price...

Huh, thats top dollar man. Can do better than that all day long on 361's.

I gave Manual one of those 262's ya got there. He rebuilt it and said its a runner.

BTW, ya know anything about a Husky 61. Guy just left one here. Cooked cylinder but the saw is in great shape. What CC is this thing, I may have to rebuild it and add it to the collection..

The 61 is a bigger version of the Husky 55. Small chassis and bar mount. Tough as nails saw with a lot of torque, not real high speed.

Its the saw Jackyl used in "The Lumberjack":rockn: :rock:

The 61 is a bigger version of the Husky 55. Small chassis and bar mount. Tough as nails saw with a lot of torque, not real high speed.

Cool. If the thing wasn't in such pretty condition I wouldn't bother but this old saw is in great condition. I'm not worried bout power and speed, tough was the key word in your post. Thanks for the input. This tuff ole huzzy is going back to together and put in the shed. Dayumm I may catch up with Hoss yet on who has the most saws, hot dayumm...

SawTroll tells me that is not true, the 61 is on a larger chassis, belonging to the 162-family.

Large bar mount on the 61.

The 262xp belongs to the 154-family, that is an in-between size.

Last edited:
SawTroll tells me that is not true, the 61 is on a larger chassis, belonging to the 162-family.

Its ok, the decision has been made to save the ole girl from those heathens of the world. She shall have her heart replaced (cylinder&piston) and live happily ever after in a world famous location called the "shed" among the elite of the saw world, wink!

/me thinks this saw must be a cherry.

pics!

:clap:

Huh, thats top dollar man. Can do better than that all day long on 361's.

I gave Manual one of those 262's ya got there. He rebuilt it and said its a runner.

BTW, ya know anything about a Husky 61. Guy just left one here. Cooked cylinder but the saw is in great shape. What CC is this thing, I may have to rebuild it and add it to the collection..

61.5, as the 262xp, but on a larger chassis, and a lot less power - it is a "simplified" and detuned version if the 162SE, that also was the forefather of the different versions of the 66, 266, 268, 630, 670, 625 and the 272xp.

:givebeer: :givebeer:

/me thinks this saw must be a cherry.

pics!

:clap:

A cherry, not quite but real close. It was dirty as hell but I saw the gleem under that dirt shining through. The plastic isn't faded at all and very few scratches. The old guy must have taken good care of it. The bar and chain are ruff but the powerhead is in great shape. She be back up and running in no time. This will be my 3rd Husky, my goodness I'm losing it,LOLOLOL

61.5, as the 262xp, but on a larger chassis, and a lot less power - it is a "simplified" and detuned version if the 162SE, that also was the forefather of the different versions of the 66, 266, 268, 630, 670, 625 and the 272xp.

:givebeer: :givebeer:

Thanks SawTroll, I knew you would have the specs on it. I'll get a pic of it for ya tomorrow to show just how good the condition of this saw is. Another shiny one for the world famous "shed". Only RiverRat and Hoss have been in the shed. The next time River stops in he go what the hell, the stock pile will have grown abits. He was all smiles the last time he was snooping in the shed,LOL

I thought the 55 came from the 61. Whoops. You better keep listening to that old Troll, he will never steer you wrong:cheers:

I was expecting....

You've all seen the Chuck Norris exaggerations?.....
I'm expecting to see similar Stihl 361 postings.
Let me start;

A 361 was there to stop the bullet that Lee Harvey Oswald fired a JFK, but when JFK saw what happened his head exploded!

357xp will dominate a MS361, hands down.

My dream is to take the big Husky 120cc power cutter and cut Stihls in half with it. That and getting a girlfriend.

You might just end up being sick enough to fit in after all!!!:clap:

I all for the REAL new 262, NOT the 362 joke that they are seling now!!

Bottom line is;

The 361 fits in between the 357xp and the 262xp for power and torque, but is lighter than both.

The 362xp is just too much heavier and bulkier to fit in, as is the 365.

:cheers:

Last edited:
I remember about 10 years ago when I had a 53, I had a dead tree that was threatening power lines and called the power company out to remove it. We got to talking about saws and the 61 came up. He said it was a slug and not to buy one. One man's opinion, but it was the first time I'd ever talked saws with someone that used one every day and it kinda stuck with me. I don't believe I've even seen one.

Ian

Back