Husqvarna L65 rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just finished this saw rebuild last Sunday. Made for a nice fathers day to spend some time tinkering in the shop saving another old saw from the junk pile.

These are pretty much straight forward saws to work on. To make it easy I marked the ign plate with a chisel befrore taking it apart to keep from haveing to mess with the ign timeing. This one had set for some time and was a little rusted on the bearings and piston so it got new brgs, seals, piston and rings as well as all new gaskets.

Here are some pictures of the reassembly.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Pressure testing it.
attachment.php

Vac testing it.
attachment.php

Here is the ign back in, at 10 O clock you can see the chisel marks.
attachment.php

The oiler assy back together..
attachment.php

Muffler cleaned up and installed.
attachment.php

Didn't have a original fuel line so I went with a rubber grommet and tygon line. The original fuel inlet fitting was plastic and was cracked so I found another old HS carb in a box and robbed the metal inlet fitting from it.
attachment.php

Coming together.
attachment.php

Here is a short video if I did it right.

<embed src="http://img257.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=Phusqvarnal65inoak" width="352" height="284" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/><br/>
<a href="http://profile.imageshack.us/user/Modifiedmark">[More videos from Modifiedmark]</a>

Great thread, thanks for posting this. I just got a L65 a few weeks ago and havnt had the chance to even look at it. Nice to see whats inside.

Sweet.

Ive got one of these sitting on the shelf (no spark but P&C look like they are brand new!) but havent had a chance to get to it. I have a neighbour that is itching to take it from me...but so far hasnt offered me a trade im interested in :) lol.

Anyway, maybe this thread will inspire me. Looks like yours runs pretty damned good for a 35+ year old saw! ;)

Sweet.

Ive got one of these sitting on the shelf (no spark but P&C look like they are brand new!) but havent had a chance to get to it. I have a neighbour that is itching to take it from me...but so far hasnt offered me a trade im interested in :) lol.

Anyway, maybe this thread will inspire me. Looks like yours runs pretty damned good for a 35+ year old saw! ;)

Yes it does start and run well, and that piece of Oak in the video is very hard.

I forgot to weigh this saw for my records before fueling it up the first time.

That said I have to watch my 30yo Poulan 4000 pretty close as I think its licking its chops for a shot at this thing. LOL

I think it would whip it pretty good too.

Yes it does start and run well, and that piece of Oak in the video is very hard.

I forgot to weigh this saw for my records before fueling it up the first time.

That said I have to watch my 30yo Poulan 4000 pretty close as I think its licking its chops for a shot at this thing. LOL

I think it would whip it pretty good too.

I know what you mean! Im waiting on getting mine back (had some work done) I wish I could have run it against my 365. I had my 3.7 against a new 460 rancher in some 20" oak. Tough to beat a great saw. Forgive my lack of Husky Knowledge, but that 65 would be in fact a 65cc saw? You running a 20" on there mark?

Latest posts

Back