Husqvarna: New Wal-Mart Brand!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, they took their cheapest pos two lawn mowers, at least in the smaller store located 13 miles from me and have them branded "Husqvarna" on the price and description sign, the mower's themselves only have Weed Eater across the deck as far I could tell, it was on a elevated shelf, tilted at an angle. The big hang tag on the handle bar had Husqvarna on it.

I am sure that some 18 year in charge of the sign went to the computer to check the description and read the vendor. Wal-Mart is sell weed eater mowers with an incorrect sign.

Nothing to get riled up about.

left due to all the pressure to import after Sam died, the buy America program went out the door, we were once allowed to pay up to 10-15% more landed cost to the store for American product. They had import quota's when I left, you had to import so much or you weren't doing your job to support the import division.

The people that run Wal-Mart since Sam's death hate the USA that much?
Did they recruit new executive management from the board of directors of the Joyce Foundation or something? (oh, excuse me, I'm confusing the Bentonville HQ with the White House again)

That sounds like enough for you to quit a job.
I'm thinking it's enough to make me boycott the store. Not that they'll notice my departure, the only thing left in the store that I had been buying recently was motor oil for my cars, and I can do as well or better with a good sale at Meijer.

Last edited:
That may be enough for you to quit a job.
I'm thinking it's enough to make me boycott the store. Not that they'll notice my departure, the only thing left in the store that I had been buying recently was motor oil for my cars, and I can do as well or better with a good sale at Meijer.

I hear ya, I buy my oil there too but I don't think Meijer's wouldn't turn around and do the same exact thing if they could. IMHO they're just another wannabe WM.

That's all very well and good, but Electrolux divested Husqvarna in 2006. Husqvarna is an independent, publicly traded company again (first time since 1978)

With the downturn of the economy, Husqvarna has been pressured to "create value" for it's shareholders. I believe that the decision to sell Husky branded low-end power equipment is unfortunate, but not all that surprising.

Profits for shareholders are more important than the quality of the products.

As for which brand for them to sodomize next. I say Partner . It's catchy, and not many people are familiar with the brand

This is why free trade and modern "capitalism" destroys companies. Husqvarna's been a solid company for 300 years, making a good profit. Now they have to keep steadily increasing those profits to drive their stock values and dividends ever higher. Either quality suffers or prices rise, it's inevitable. I wish companies could just go back to earning a good steady profit quarter after quarter. What's wrong with that?

This is why free trade and modern "capitalism" destroys companies. Husqvarna's been a solid company for 300 years, making a good profit. Now they have to keep steadily increasing those profits to drive their stock values and dividends ever higher. Either quality suffers or prices rise, it's inevitable. I wish companies could just go back to earning a good steady profit quarter after quarter. What's wrong with that?

That's not how it works anymore, people who do nothing other than invest money deserve a record return on that money year after year. If they don't they deserve to export jobs for profit and when that drys up they deserve to liquidate whats left and move on to the next. Its sad but there's no way to stop it.

Weedeater and Poulan branded products in Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes is nothing new they've been sold there for years. Husqvarna is now on the tags because they are the vendor, AYP EHP FHP what ever they've been called over the years is now called HOP (Husqvarna Outdoor Products). It would be nice if Husqvarna was not on the tags but it is and its not likely to change. Its like GM with Chevy and Cadillac, there made by the same company sometimes in the same factory and most people can see the difference between the products. I don't think most people who buy a cheapo green and yellow weedeater lawnmower or a green poulan saw at walmart think they are getting the same thing as a Husqvarna product from a dealer because they're not.

Not this year. This year its Stihl shop vacs at $349.95. For real, I'm serious. Stihl tried to sell them here a long time ago but people wouldn't pay the price. They took them out of the US market 15-20 years ago and sold them in Europe. Now that the US is broke they bring them back to the US market. Better than that I ordered one thinking maybe I can sell one in a year. It sat on the shelf for 4 days and guess what, a man bought it,LOLOL Vibs maybe in 2011 but vacs this year. Oh they got some battery powered tools coming in late 2010 but no vibs yet,haha

Figures. How can a vacuum cleaner manufacturer make saws that are worth a damn? :)

Why in the world would Husqvarna let Wal-Mart use their preimer brand name on all the point of sale advertising/shelf labels on the absolute pos lowest end push mowers they sell, they are branded as Husqvarna Weed Eater mowers, one sell's for around 130 an the other around 150.

What a idiotic move on somebody's part at Husky. Now when they buy one of these disposable pos they will forever associte the name Husqvarna with that of a moldy turd.

I cannot believe they would do this with their premier brand name? They make some great saws, but within five years the average (not AS) consumer will associate the name with cheap junk. A brand manager needs his head examined or replaced imho. What's next husky saws at Wal-Mart?

Doesn't make much difference to J. Deere selling Stihls - here similar things have been going on with Stihl for a while, but Husky still is full service dealers only! :)

Actually, the "box-store" brands here are Partner, Stihl and Poulan, while Husky and Jonsered are sold by full service dealers only. One of those sell Stihl as well.

Last edited:
Figures. How can a vacuum cleaner manufacturer make saws that are worth a damn? :)

you might find this interesting. from wikipedia:

Electrolux was founded in 1910 as Elektromekaniska AB, and changed its name to Elektrolux after merging with Lux AB in 1919. The merger with Lux was brokered by the Swedish entrepreneur Axel Wenner-Gren. (The direct sales division of Electrolux kept the name "Lux" and is now autonomous. [1]) The legal name spelling was changed to Electrolux in 1957. The company was organized as a holding company in 1928 and during the 1970s grew rapidly under the leadership of Hans Werthén.

In North America, the Electrolux name was long used by a vacuum cleaner manufacturer, founded by a Swedish businessman who emigrated to the U.S. In 1998, that company transferred its rights to the trademark in North America to the Electrolux Group and now operates under the name Aerus LLC. Following transfer of the trademark, Electrolux of Sweden added a new line of Electrolux home appliances for sale in the U.S. and Canada.

Doesn't make much difference to J. Deere selling Stihls - here similar things have been going on with Stihl for a while, but Husky still is full service dealers only! :)

Actually, the "box-store" brands here are Partner, Stihl and Poulan, while Husky and Jonsered are sold by full service dealers only. One of those sell Stihl as well.

Partner and Stihl, eh? Your box stores must be of higher quality than our crap-tastic stores.

As I'm sure you know, you can find (lower end) Huskys at Sears and Lowes.

Oh, and for you Dolmar guys, Makita purchased Dolmar waaay back in 1991.

I think another thread may be in order. Who owns who, and who makes what, where?

Not this year. This year its Stihl shop vacs at $349.95. For real, I'm serious. Stihl tried to sell them here a long time ago but people wouldn't pay the price. They took them out of the US market 15-20 years ago and sold them in Europe. Now that the US is broke they bring them back to the US market. Better than that I ordered one thinking maybe I can sell one in a year. It sat on the shelf for 4 days and guess what, a man bought it,LOLOL Vibs maybe in 2011 but vacs this year. Oh they got some battery powered tools coming in late 2010 but no vibs yet,haha

WOW, for close to $400 out the door that thing better really suck, or not suck at all...I'm not sure. I will stick with my shop vac until I know why they suck so good. What are the selling points of theses? I bet they not only suck but they blow too? Okay, I give up, why the high price point?

You forgot a piece of the puzzle. Contracts that require X amount of product to be delivered by Y or penalty flag!

Expand your manufacturing to meet those requirements, further increase sales, which drives down the cost of goods per...then when they come back and demand that $25 cut in price, things are really tough. You've expanded, invested capital, have additional workforce...reduce the price or lose it all :)

This is a well know tactic, but not really an argument for Husqvarna. They have the manufactering facilities and equipment already, they just need volume.

This move on Husqvarna's part is proof again to me that the future of chainsaws is going to be an increasing number of consumer models and less pro models (increasing world population, less tree cutting (at least with saws), lesser family income and money to spent.

Husvarna is sacrifying their good name to boost the sale of the non pro brands belonging to their group, as this is where they think the future is. Stihl is doing the same (more consumer models, diversification of products) but uses its dealer network instead of retailers, which has a certain cost to Stihl and the consumer.

Which is the best strategy ? only time will tell. I see a lot of people buying these cheap saws at big stores, whether I like it or not.

WOW, for close to $400 out the door that thing better really suck, or not suck at all...I'm not sure. I will stick with my shop vac until I know why they suck so good. What are the selling points of theses? I bet they not only suck but they blow too? Okay, I give up, why the high price point?

The big selling point on those high price vacs is how quiet they are. You can actually stand over one and have a conversation without going huh, what did you say. They are super quiet. They are very well made but that price is awful steep for sure.

I didn't think I would sell but maybe one or so a year but after that 1st one left the store after being here only 4 days who knows, may sell more vacs than saws,LOL

The only thing good I see from Husky is...

Their XP saw's
Top level backpack blowers and trimmer's

And their new PZ line of zero turn riders are very nicely built now.

Everything else.....

Junk

Poulovarna they should be called:givebeer:

It's obvious that you haven't a clue what you are talking about......according to me that is. :cheers:

attachment.php

It must depend on where you live. In my town we have a store "Family Farm and Home". Which sells Husqvarna and does not have a service department. They sell a full line of saws including xp models.

Vibs maybe in 2011 but vacs this year

THALL, when you do get a shipment of those perty Orange Vibs., you be sure to PM me, I'll take a load of enm off your hands. WHAT A BETTER CONVERSATION PIECE CAN ONE HAVE...... AND DOUBLES AS A USEFUL TOOL. :clap:

THALL, when you do get a shipment of those perty Orange Vibs., you be sure to PM me, I'll take a load of enm off your hands. WHAT A BETTER CONVERSATION PIECE CAN ONE HAVE...... AND DOUBLES AS A USEFUL TOOL. :clap:

I'll keep y-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-u p-o-s-t-e-d-LOLOLOLOL

It's obvious that you haven't a clue what you are talking about......according to me that is. :cheers:

attachment.php

They still make bikes?
I had an ol' 400 Husky MX with high and low range tranny as a teen that I could not kill.And believe me we tried.Was a badass bike in it's day.

Latest posts

Back