Husqvarna orange?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachsmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
OK, OK,

I do prefer my saws original, battle scars and all.

But since I have my 2100CD down to brass tacks (mount replacement) and the bottom has some corrosion starting.

I will try my hand at a Earl Shieb job on this old girl (gonna replace the handle hose too)

What is the best match for off the shelf paints?

Don't want it too red, or it will look like my old Sachs Dolmars.

I have read where Rust Oleum has some "plastic primer" I will get some of that too.

Colors, numbers?

Thanks

mo

attachment.php

I am in the process of doing the same to my 372 and have been looking for the right colour. Here in europe we have RAL colours and the best match I can find is RAL 2001, which I think is called blood orange. I know that stihl orange is RAL 2004. Don't know if this helps.
geoff.
:cheers:

Oh really, hmmmm, even if that saw was built before either store existed:)

I think husky orange is cool best looking and running saws made.

Agreed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Almost

After to the old Sachs Dolmars :buttkick:

attachment.php

Never seen the Husky orange at TSC, but if it's there use it. On the 3 I've painted, I used Valspar Kubota orange from TSC. Extremely close to orginal and gas resistant.

Never seen the Husky orange at TSC, but if it's there use it. On the 3 I've painted, I used Valspar Kubota orange from TSC. Extremely close to orginal and gas resistant.

I do agree! Not too sure if mine was Valspar, but Kubota orange is a very good match!
DSC00250.jpg

The Valspar from TSC is pretty good as stated above. I did see Husky Orange there when I was looking for paint for my Stihl. They also have Kubota orange.

Guess I will try the Valspar next time. I searched some threads and found roncos post about Rust Oleum orange. It may have just a smidge too much red, but seems real close. I used the "plastic primer" on all of it, we shall see if that was a mistake.

I do think the Allis Chalmers will be real close for my Sachs Dolmars.

This is my first try at paintin' a chainsaw, it was fun, may just give the old 143 a brighten up.

attachment.php

Looks good Sachsmo. I would love to see what your Dollies would look like all painted up.

Baked Enamel eh?

Just went out and threw some logs on the fire, put a few more in before bedtime.

It will be baked, then frozen enamel by 3:00AM.

Still cookin'

Well they are still baking on top of the wood stove.

I put near 2, 12 oz cans on it.

That old Enamel sure does lay down nice.

Latest posts

Back