husqvarna phase outs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskystihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just left my husky dealer and was surprised that when I pulled in ups was delivering some new saws and obviously had to wait to see what was for christmas. He unpacked four brand new 372's which I thought were discontinued, only to be informed that they have brought them back this year. Also on the shelf was a 262xp which i'm not to familiar with, the list price was $709 which he told me I could have it for $600 out the door. Give me some input on the 362, is it a good saw and is $600 a good deal. If this is old news on the 372 I appologize but everything I have heard says they were not available for future orders

Last edited:
... Also on the shelf was a 262xp which i'm not to familiar with, the list price was $709 which he told me I could have it for $600 out the door. Give me some input on the 362, ...

Was it a 262 or a 362?

Grab it if it is a 262xp (unlikely), forget it if it is a 362xp!

I thought the 365 was the same as the 372 with a smaller bore????

It is, but the 362xp has an even smaller one, but the same power, at more rpms.

The original 362xp was on the 371xp case, but the "reintro" ones from a year or two ago probably are on the reinforced 372xp case, and a tad heavier (not sure, but likely).

i like mine

i like my 362xp. i got a much better price than 600 on it though. for the price (about 500 iirc) it is a good saw. put an 18 inch bar on it and it will does great. will pull a 24 without too much problem.
scott

Was it a 262 or a 362?

Grab it if it is a 262xp (unlikely), forget it if it is a 362xp!

It was a 262, that was a typo. It had the older style switch on the back and was the darker orange color.

Last edited:
I just called the dealer. it was a 262. Said they never sold real well due to the 365 and that this was the last one left

Last edited:
I just called the dealer. it was a 262. Said they never sold real well due to the 365 and that this was the last one left

That statement actually indicates that it is a 362xp, as the 262xp was an earlier saw, that was discontinued at about the same time as the 362xp and 365 appeared.

The 362xp was meant as a replacement for the 262xp, but has more weight and less power.....:cry:

That statement actually indicates that it is a 362xp, as the 262xp was an earlier saw, that was discontinued at about the same time as the 362xp and 365 appeared.

The 362xp was meant as a replacement for the 262xp, but has more weight and less power.....:cry:

Just got back, no saw it was a 362 but the mfg date was 07/05 which means it was made before the epa slowed em down which would also explain the old switch and color. $600 doesn't seem real good especially with a 361 in the stable and 3 other 60cc saws. Sorry about the confusion but the owners son who is about 16 told me the wrong model and got me excited.

Just got back, no saw it was a 362 but the mfg date was 07/05 which means it was made before the epa slowed em down which would also explain the old switch and color. $600 doesn't seem real good especially with a 361 in the stable and 3 other 60cc saws. Sorry about the confusion but the owners son who is about 16 told me the wrong model and got me excited.

I agree, looks like it is one of the newer "reintroduced" 362s, that probably was made on the 372xp case, and heavier than the original ones, made on the 371xp case.

Back