Husqvarna ?'s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nic

Reaction score
This is not intended to be a Husqvarna vs. Stihl thread so I hope it doesn't turn into that.
But I am looking to see what your thoughts are on Husqvarna. They seem to me like they would be a good choice for the homeowner or land owner mainly because they can be found at most hardware stores these days and are cheap enough for the home owner. Now to me it seems like in order for a company to be able to sell a product at a low enough price their must be some sacrifices in product quality. Am I right on this??

So is it for the pros or not?
-Nic

There are a few other things to consider.
1) You are generally getting the low end models at the big box store/hardware store.
2) Volume is a huge factor for pricing.
3) These big chain stores do not have the overhead of repairing what they sell. As they do not repair what they sell,the people who work in these stores(strictly salesmen) generally have no clue as to what is a good model vs a POS.
4) Husky employed this marketing in an attempt to sell more units and get a bigger market share, especially in the low end/homeowner's market.

Luckycutter,
So is what you are saying is that it is still good quality stuff just at a lower price because of the higher volume they are dealing alows the lower price???
I guess that would make sense from a good business decision standpoint from husky.

i wouldn't buy any of their models that aren't XP....

except the 353 or the 359.

go with a legit dealer for repairs and parts.the hardware store is most likely going to have neither.plus they will only have the knowledge from the brochure.

otherwise husqvarna is a great saw.

Husqvarna is doing in the states what Stihl do here in Sweden ,,,,, cut their prices and spread sales to allot of stores !!!

Husky`s are the best

I`ve never had a problem with any husqvarnas I or my Dad bought.
With my Farther and brother we have owned 18 Husky`s Largest was 380 and 185 smallest was 444 and the most we owned was the discontinued 266
of which we together owned 7 of them.Simple design and they don`t change it unless they come up with something better.

All the top brands (Stihl, Husky, Jonsered and Dolmar) have some very good, some just good, and some less than good models.

Price and ways of marketing/selling the products differ around the world.......

Around here, Husky is the only "full service dealers only" brand, while different "box stores" sell Stihls, Partners and some cheaper Jonsereds.

There are full service dealers that sell Stihls and Jonsereds also though.

Dolmar is mail order only, except that one Husky dealer will sell them on special order.

Like was said here in the states only the smaller model Husky saws are offered at the box stores. To get into their professional or xp line you must go to a Husky dealer. Stihl is also offered in hardware stores such as Ace, but again only the smaller models. Dolmar, and Jonsered is dealer only IIRC.

The company I work for has been in business since the 30's and we use Huskys. I guess that makes them a "pro" saw.

stihl is a fine saw.

huskys just seem to have a little more power and the air filter stays clean alot longer.

Latest posts

Back