Husqvarna sharpening guide questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welderman85

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello all. Dumb question but I bought a sharpening guide and it doesn't fit on the .58 chain that I have. I was wondering what would I screw up if I filed the slots on the guide to fit over the wider chain. Thanks

Hello all. Dumb question but I bought a sharpening guide and it doesn't fit on the .58 chain that I have. I was wondering what would I screw up if I filed the slots on the guide to fit over the wider chain. Thanks
Your .58 is the drive link width not your overall chain width. It could be that your sharpener is for .325 chain size and your actual chain is .375 (3/8). If it is the Husqvarna roller guide it will say the size on the sharpener.

Which roller guide? is it for the NK .325 sp33g? in which case the tie straps that the slots go over might not be exactly in the same place or thickness as as the chain .325 that is capable of a bit more hp. I have found that using those roller guides on different chain than called for on the packaging a different size file can be selected to get the % of file diameter above the tooth top that seems sensible.

The gauge of the chain shouldn't matter. The 3/8 Lo Pro guide is black, .325 guide is silver, & 3/8 is blue. They also have a couple of holes that the correct size file will just slot through

Latest posts

Back