Husqvarna wide clutch cover comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outlaw5.0

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Husqvarna wide discharge clutch cover comparison

Here is a comparison of the wide clutch cover vs the standard cover. The wide cover has the spikes on it.

Last edited:
This may sound dumb, but I put the oversized clutch cover on my ms660 and I honestly believe that the regular one clears better when noodling. It would be interesting to know about the Husky ones as well.

This may sound dumb, but I put the oversized clutch cover on my ms660 and I honestly believe that the regular one clears better when noodling. ....

That is fully logic - those Stihl covers aren't designed for noodling.

It should be obvious from the pictures that the wide Husky ones are a totally different design, but I have actually never heard of them before??? :confused:

Last edited:
I would really like to know how much better this "wide" cover clears noodles compared to the standard cover. I have the "standard" cover on my 372xpw and it does not clear noodles as well as I would like, actually it clogs up pretty easy. If this cover actually works a bit better I may be interested. Anyone got any first hand experience noodling with this "wide cover"?

attachment.php
\

It looks like the cover narrows toward the bottom in this pic. Am I seeing things?

Baileys has them ST

https://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=HVP+537+33+10+01&catID=1709

Nice pictues. I always did wonder what the difference was. I think that it would be a little better to clear chips. The stihl one I think just seems to cover more of the chain. It doesn't seem to clear noodles as good.

If they had one for the 346 it might solve the roll over problem. Not that it's a problem though.

If they had one for the 346 it might solve the roll over problem. Not that it's a problem though.

My 357 dog on my 346 helps the roll over problem.

I used to think the reason Stihls in general noodle better than Huskies was simply because the cover is more open.

Until I got some 7900s which are designed very tight, yet are the best noodlers out there. It is all about directing the shaving stream.

I've cut a few noodles in my time....

This modded side cover does not clog up when noodling.

2010%20Trip%20to%20Alaska%201357.jpg

Pioneerguy600

Other than the oil mess you'd get on your saw, that cover does look like it would noodle well. I had sort of been thinking of doing that for years but never got around to it.

One reason I never did it is because I"ve priced the side covers.:dizzy:

Back