Husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I know there are quite a few. Husky 50, 51, 55 Jonsered 490 Partner 500, 5000, 5000+. There are probably more but Im pretty sure these bolt right on. There is even two different husky 55's, open and closed port. Are you rebuilding a 50 soon??

As far as I know there are quite a few. Husky 50, 51, 55 Jonsered 490 Partner 500, 5000, 5000+. There are probably more but Im pretty sure these bolt right on. There is even two different husky 55's, open and closed port. Are you rebuilding a 50 soon??

I have a 50 and 6/55's to rebuild ....Just starting after a 6 month time out...

i am working on a husky 50 now and i saw on baileys that they have 51 and 55 top ends that fit the 50

The early 50's had the small crancase opening and wont accept the later model cylinders without a bit of machining. I have a grey top 50 with the small crankcase opening.

The 5K/490 P&C will fit on them..:)

The early 50's had the small crancase opening and wont accept the later model cylinders without a bit of machining. I have a grey top 50 with the small crankcase opening.

The 5K/490 P&C will fit on them..:)

Yup, at least according to a TI that they issued around 1989 - but some say it isn't true. :confused2:

Alot of Husky saws share the same 32mm stroke, If you can, find the biggest bore of the 32mm stroke saws with closed loop ports and you could have a decent sleeper.

I installed a 51 top end on a 1985 model 50 and I had to do some work to get it to go together but another member did a 55 swap on a 1987 model 50 and it was a direct bolt-on. This is in contrary to the Husqvarna service bulletins that showed the "cut-off" to be around 1990.

I installed a 51 top end on a 1985 model 50 and I had to do some work to get it to go together but another member did a 55 swap on a 1987 model 50 and it was a direct bolt-on. This is in contrary to the Husqvarna service bulletins that showed the "cut-off" to be around 1990.

Yes, that is what I referred to in post #6. ;)

Back