husvarna pro saw vs land owner/semi pro saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well pro vs. homeowner wasn't confusing enough, so Husky came up with a third category called landowner. :dizzy:

I'd say just ignor all these labels and take a close look at the saws at a decent shop that can answer any questions you might have.

Well pro vs. homeowner wasn't confusing enough, so Husky came up with a third category called landowner. :dizzy:

I'd say just ignor all these labels and take a close look at the saws at a decent shop that can answer any questions you might have.

Pretty much.

Labels only tell so much, and oftentimes products are placed into categories by people who don't know what they're doing, or are using different criteria than the next guy for creating distinctions between substantially similar products.

what is the difference in a pro saw vs the semi pro saws from husvarna, how is the engine different

In the case of the 353, it has magnesium cases like the Pro saw(346xp) but is tuned like the homeowner 350 (3.2-3.2hp vs 3.7hp)with plastic lower case.

359 vs 357xp is 3.9hp vs 4.4hp.

570 vs 372xp is 4.9hp vs 5.4hp, and the 570 is 1.5# heavier besides.

I like my 353, and it compares favorably with my Stihl 026, both with .325 chain. The 346xp(50cc new edition) blows those two away, and pulls a 3/8" chain no problem. True, the 346xp is $50-$75 more expensive.

For the difference in price, I would opt for the 372xp over the 357xp.

Latest posts

Back