Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To mat I noticed the saw your 660 you built had to be sent out to make it run. The guy answered my question fully. The problem is you guys are just interested in supporting Brad's rant. You guys are more at home on the other site where you regularly attack people. In high school is was a clique, not sure what you would call this.

The saw I built wasn't for me. It was built to document how one goes together. It was shipped to Jason to be modified. ...and since he was going to be tearing it apart anyway....there was no sense in me running it. Also....that cylinder head was rough... and needed work before it was to be run reliably.

The next 660 I will be porting myself for a tree guy I know. So in case you are questioning my ability to get a saw to run you are barking up the wrong tree.

Iirc Brad and I haven't always seen eye...and that's ok. He happens to be right. The walbro tech isn't wrong...just vague.

To mat I noticed the saw your 660 you built had to be sent out to make it run. The guy answered my question fully. The problem is you guys are just interested in supporting Brad's rant. You guys are more at home on the other site where you regularly attack people. In high school is was a clique, not sure what you would call this.
Are you once again calling out a member's skill?
Ugh

Eyoa

Bedford, Please remind me where I attacked anyone? I am quite an independent thinker and if my opinion happens to agree with anyone else, it is not contrived to do so. I am very comfortable stating, "I don't know the answer to that" when that response is true. I am likewise comfortable unequivocally stating facts when I know them to be such. It is unfortunate that you feel attacked but, I have limited my responses to a reasonable discussion of the subject.

Here's Salas' response when given all the specifics: "I can only say that with the richer jet it will run cooler, but I can I comment on the effects of it being tuned". His response means if you install a larger jet and do not adjust the L/H needles it will run richer/cooler. That overly rich state of tune is not what we are trying to achieve and therefore any cooling/lubing effect is nullified when corrected to a proper tune. One can definitely run cooler with a large jet and no other changes from original tune but you will foul plugs, carbon up rings, pistons and cylinder domes and likely clog stock mufflers.

I got 3 and my friends have them and between us we have run gallons through them. I milled 4 boards I used over a qt. I keep my no corn fuel rotated to the car after 30 days. The gas can has a paper tag that gives the date it was purchased. It's mixed in another can. All cans go on the expire date. I never go past 45 days. I actually think my kit saws will last and last. If you store it run some motomix to flush the mixed fuel and it will not mess up your carb components. I been using h1r and it's growing on me.

Maybe I missed it, but what affiliation if any do you have with farmer tech/huztl? You come across a being very defensive of the product or any criticism of it.

Well the Huztl MS660 strikes again...third cut on the spalted Red Oak went problem free. Boys, I am really loving this $270 saw!

Your milling pics forced me to put in another Huztl order - for their 36 inch mill. I've wanted one for a few years but couldn't justify the granberg price tag. But now that I have a saw big enough to drive it properly.... how good I not justify it?

I took a walk around the yard to day and see several uses already..

Your milling pics forced me to put in another Huztl order - for their 36 inch mill. I've wanted one for a few years but couldn't justify the granberg price tag. But now that I have a saw big enough to drive it properly.... how good I not justify it?

I took a walk around the yard to day and see several uses already..

Yes I was thinking about it as well. Now thanks to Johnny and his wood P**n. I'm gonna order one. Just got to learn how to set one up. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, its about time I said this.. I think ya'll need to get your heads checked with this chainsaw milling stuff. Though I do believe chainsaw milling has its place, especially due to portability issues (and size... you can cut with nearly unlimited bar sizes), if you guys are really wanting to be into milling, a 660 isn't gonna do the trick. I love chainsaws, I love my big saws, but I avoid milling with them. No matter how big they are, they still aren't big enough to compare to a severely underpowered cheap bandsaw mill. The bandsaw mills (even the HF one) beats out the chainsaws in speed, quality of cut, fuel consumption, time ... and dare I say it... FUN. So for all ya'll that think a 660 is gonna be the ticket to milling nice boards, at least TRY a bandsaw mill. My mill is one of those rare things in life that is exactly as much fun as I possibly imagined, and its WAY less maintenance than a 660 and grandberg? setup. Just to do the math for a sec... a chainsaw cuts a kerf of 3/8" or larger.... maybe close to 1/2" ... 8hp cutting that kerf. Now imagine a bandsaw cuts a kerf of 1/8" ... even if you only have a 7hp motor on your bandsaw...its still effectively triple the power of the chainsaw, and way less wasteful. I have never used the HF mill, but is less than $2k. My woodland mills mill is $3k...an upgrade. Well worth it IMHO. best of luck milling with the 660's ... Johnny's wood there does look pretty :)

Back