Huztle MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No offense taken:). All I want to do is help others have less of a learning curve on these kits. I know I have learned a lot on these forums before assembling mine, and I hope to add to the pool of knowledge as well. I put my cases in for 12 min @250 and that worked fine for me. Any higher and I feel that the rubber parts (like the oil line) may not deal with the heat.

No offense taken:). All I want to do is help others have less of a learning curve on these kits. I know I have learned a lot on these forums before assembling mine, and I hope to add to the pool of knowledge as well. I put my cases in for 12 min @250 and that worked fine for me. Any higher and I feel that the rubber parts (like the oil line) may not deal with the heat.
Remove your oil line before. I bet you installed because you were afraid you would forget. That was why I had to remove it.

And, polish the crank bearing surface with 400-600 wet or dry sandpaper. A thin coat of grease to boot.
Crank in the ice maker and case halves in the oven at 275 and it falls together.[emoji108]

A couple Husky muffler studs make excellent guide pins.

Moisture won't be on there long enuff to do harm.

Remove your oil line before. I bet you installed because you were afraid you would forget. That was why I had to remove it.
Speaking of forgetting, I installed the oil line after the cases were together in my last few kits...its just a better way of doing it. I think on my last kit I only had to disassemble components twice because I forgot to install something. You don't want to find your lower left rubber ring AV buffer in your leftover parts!

Yes, I did have to freeze the crank, and I heated the cases. It goes in fine, but the oil seal are a bit tricky. As for which you should buy, they just came out with ms440 kit so that may be a fun one to do. Little more expensive, but I think it is worth it. Had it come out sooner, I would have gotten it instead of then the 361
I think if I was going to do that I might just go ahead and get the 660 for a few dollars more.

Speaking of forgetting, I installed the oil line after the cases were together in my last few kits...its just a better way of doing it. I think on my last kit I only had to disassemble components twice because I forgot to install something. You don't want to find your lower left rubber ring AV buffer in your leftover parts!

Doesn't the 361 have a channel in the case that directs the oil to the bar slot? I can't remember putting a line in the case like on an 026?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't the 361 have a channel in the case that directs the oil to the bar slot? I can't remember putting a line in the case like on an 026?

Confused with my 660 kit.

The 361 uses a pickup hose just like the 660. Not sure where the channel comes in unless you are thinking about the bar

IMG_20161229_150309194.jpg
I'm still working on the crankcase, but I was looking at the IPl and couldn't figure out for the life of me where this goes. Does anyone know?

I will look at my material but it strikes me like it would be in the throttle area

Thanks guys! I was struggling to think of anywhere on the saw where that could be used. It being a extra part makes sense. Now I can stop worrying lol.

Thanks guys! I was struggling to think of anywhere on the saw where that could be used. It being a extra part makes sense. Now I can stop worrying lol.

No, that is part of the anti vibe that is attached from the handle to the cylinder. It goes in the center of the spring and attaches to a silver metal part that is bolted to the cylinder.

No, that is part of the anti vibe that is attached from the handle to the cylinder. It goes in the center of the spring and attaches to a silver metal part that is bolted to the cylinder.

Yes, limits travel. Used on top right and bottom front antivibe mounts.

Do not leave them out.

they do not show on the ipl, the springs attach on top of the cylinder and it does not show anything that resembles it. don't doubt you a bit. one of those things if you have not handled it how do you know.

Attachments

• 361.PNG
    361.PNG
    70.5 KB · Views: 30
Back