Huztle MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen these type aftermarket clips take out engines, the ears tend to break off and trash piston and cylinder. It's well documented if you look.:cool:
I've looked and it's not the same. The Echo clips aren't like the aftermarket Chinese ones, the ears on them are short and probably more well built. I've bought P/C kits before that had circlips in them that weren't much stronger than bailing wire, you have to replace those or risk them coming out. Those are the silver colored ones with the one long ear on them. The Stihl clips are an iffy fit since they just barely are thick enough to cover the edge of the piston pin. The AM pistons appear to have a bigger groove than the Stihl pistons.

I've seen these type aftermarket clips take out engines, the ears tend to break off and trash piston and cylinder. It's well documented if you look.:cool:

I always remove the ears even though it makes them harder to install. I started doing that after seeing the results of their failure. But usually they fail due to the saw being overheated through a few reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's a little bit big...Some of the Chinese clips are a very large diameter for the wrist pin hole you have to put them into. My last one was so big it almost touched both ends together putting it in the groove...maybe they made it for a bigger saw and got it in the wrong kit..

Yeah, that's a little bit big...Some of the Chinese clips are a very large diameter for the wrist pin hole you have to put them into. My last one was so big it almost touched both ends together putting it in the groove...maybe they made it for a bigger saw and got it in the wrong kit..

Don't doubt that for a moment.

This last kit I got appears to have the wrong piston.[emoji37]

Any official consensus on what's the better kit? Ms360 or ms361? Kinda looking at another project either a ms360 or maybe rebuilding a 026. Wish Hutzl had a MS260 kit. I'm a big fan of the 50ish cc class saw. You guys have any preference between a ms260 and ms360's?

Sorry for the off tangent ramble. This is the only Hutzl MS360/361 thread I could find.

Any official consensus on what's the better kit? Ms360 or ms361? Kinda looking at another project either a ms360 or maybe rebuilding a 026. Wish Hutzl had a MS260 kit. I'm a big fan of the 50ish cc class saw. You guys have any preference between a ms260 and ms360's?

Sorry for the off tangent ramble. This is the only Hutzl MS360/361 thread I could find.
I was in the same boat as you. I really wanted a 50cc class saw as well, but ended up getting the 361. I went towards the 361 primarily for the better anti-vibe over the 360. I have fallen in love with the saw.

On the 200t they said they had an issue. I asked for more info and offered to try and solve the issue for them. I have resources that are capable. My intention is to persuade them. I really want that kit. I will keep at it you can be certain of that. That ball is in play. Might require some begging and I will be willing to gravel some. Will advise when I have more.

Next scheduled kits out of the chute 038 and 070. No eta given. 070 sounds way to big for you. The 038 is a classic.

Of all the Stihl models I'm surprised those 2 are the next scheduled parts kits. Seems kind of redundant with the better 360, 440, and 660 designs currently offered.

I built an MS660 so no need for a 070 and a 038 might be a good design but the other offerings look much better. The 200T would be a no brainer as would a 260. Also if they could come up with a big bore Husky like a 288 or even a 272xp kit I'd have to have one.

Back