Huztle MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i built a 440 from hutzl and OEM stuff a few years ago and it is still going strong . it went with out a hitch.

later i built a 372XP clone. it had a 'fussy" carb for a while . after a little tuning it is really coming on strong-- i ran it a little today with a 24" -- it runs so well now -- it would be easy to forget it is a clone--

right now i am running 50 to one mix in it too-- we shall see how long it holds up--

right now it is near the top of my favorite saws list -- not bad for a clone!!!

i'm soo tempted to build another -- and i got a semi load of 70cc so it ain't like i need another----lol---

Has anyone seen or built one of the MS360 kits? My old man has a real MS361 pro so I'm very familiar with the 361.

Say, has anyone had problems with the tank vents not venting that you have noticed? I haven't run my saw for a couple of weeks, and removed my air filter today to take the carb off and the whole area nearby was covered with fuel. Any way to test without pressure/vacuum tester?

My tank vent area has fuel residue around it, it's just a low quality part. It functions but leaks a very small amount when releasing pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Say, has anyone had problems with the tank vents not venting that you have noticed? I haven't run my saw for a couple of weeks, and removed my air filter today to take the carb off and the whole area nearby was covered with fuel. Any way to test without pressure/vacuum tester?
You'd have to at least have a gauge, a tee fitting and some small hose. They're not too expensive at Harbor Freight or a discount place. I was told this and found it to be true: you can actually suck on the hose and create the 7 hg vacuum to test it with, seriously...

On the 200t they said they had an issue. I asked for more info and offered to try and solve the issue for them. I have resources that are capable. My intention is to persuade them. I really want that kit. I will keep at it you can be certain of that. That ball is in play. Might require some begging and I will be willing to gravel some. Will advise when I have more.
Hi,
Any time frame that those 200 and 026-260 could arrive as kits on their Website? This would enlarge the portfolio from 200 via 26-36-44-66 also 346 could be a nice placement. I'll start Husqvarna kit building next week with ported big bore on it.
Tnx

Hi,
Any time frame that those 200 and 026-260 could arrive as kits on their Website? This would enlarge the portfolio from 200 via 26-36-44-66 also 346 could be a nice placement. I'll start Husqvarna kit building next week with ported big bore on it.
Tnx
I told all I know on 200 and where they were at on it. Not sure where you got possibility of a 260, heard zero on 260 one. I heard and passed along the 038 and 070 were coming soon and that week they released the 038 it's on thier website and ready to buy and also mentioned the 070 was still coming. I started a 038 thread.

He also was considering copying a husky 254 or a 262. That sounded like a decision he has was just considering. I pointed out either or but the 262 might be best.

I not sure whether this is actually a 038, 380, 381. I got one coming and will figure that out.
http://www.huztl.net/Complete-Repai...uretor-Fuel-Tank-Cylinder-Piston-p367961.html

Used Farmertec website twice to message them about the piston & wrist pin incompatibility. No response yet.

Any updates, My kit came in about the same time as your second kit. It was missing the entire hardware bag. I also had a 12mm wristpin with 11mm piston and bearing. I had them send out a 11mm wristpin ( and hardware) and it assembled fine. It may be the wrong piston. I didn't use a base gasket and squish was in the high 30's I think. Compression is only coming up to 120. I get some light coughs but hasn't fired off yet.

Edit let me go check to see if I have the original wristpin. I may have tossed it. I wrote earlier that I thought I had a 10mm but need to check.
I verified squish at .035 but going in from the spark plug hole this may not be fully in the right spot. Checked compression again and it was up in the 160's. I pulled the topend as I heard a piece of metal in the exhaust. Luckily I had only chopped off a bit of solder in the exhaust port. Rings and top end looks good but lots of fuel in the crankcase.

I told all I know on 200 and where they were at on it. Not sure where you got possibility of a 260, heard zero on 260 one. I heard and passed along the 038 and 070 were coming soon and that week they released the 038 it's on thier website and ready to buy and also mentioned the 070 was still coming. I started a 038 thread.

He also was considering copying a husky 254 or a 262. That sounded like a decision he has was just considering. I pointed out either or but the 262 might be best.

I not sure whether this is actually a 038, 380, 381. I got one coming and will figure that out.
http://www.huztl.net/Complete-Repai...uretor-Fuel-Tank-Cylinder-Piston-p367961.html
It appears to be an 038 or a variation of it. The MS380 has the flippy caps and the Huztl looks to have the screw in caps.

She breathes... I ended up pulling the top end off for reinspecton and found the crankcase flooded. Pulled the carb and reset the metering arm to .048ish below surface. Reassembled and it fired on the third pull to a smooth idle. Not it too bad I have trees to cut tomorrow doing volunteer trail clearing and my bar doesn't arrive until Monday. Guess I'll take the 193T in my backpack and have a 271 on standby if i come across larger trees down. Sounds terrific, I have the muffler modded as well.

I doubt I'll ever mod another muffler...it does cause ear problems you wouldn't believe...I have ear protection but I don't always have them on.
I get where you're coming from. I've noticed the difference on my other saws and equipment, but not so much on this one. I was sorta supprised on that.

I guess it's okay to mod a muffler but be sure to wear your hearing protection when you start the saw, no exceptions or you'll be sorry and it may be irreversible.
Totally agree. When I started mowing years ago, I didn't use hearing protection, now I feel lost without it. Having nice PPE that's comfortable helps so much. I never thought I would become a safety glasses and earmuff snob, but I guess it's a good thing.

It's called Tinnitus and many AS members have it, including myself. It's the ringing or cricket sounds you hear when there's no sound emitted. I asked my wife about a year ago if we had crickets in the house and she thought I was crazy so I did some research on it. I have found several that say they have a treatment but no sure cure. Loud noises cause or contribute to it, guess I got mine from all the chainsaws I repaired and fired up without first reaching for the earphones first.

I finially got to take out the new build. First job was to rip cut a 18" cedar to make a park bench. Ran it a bit rch to give it some extra lube. Ran a little smokey until I leaned it back out some. I may have to go with a factory fuel filter or just run the saw filled with more fuel. It appeared to have lean issues and once I topped off the tank they went away. Very happy with its rip performance , no way MS193T could handle that. The little top handle lives in a rucksack and is great for hiking into take out storm damage.

It's called Tinnitus and many AS members have it, including myself. It's the ringing or cricket sounds you hear when there's no sound emitted. I asked my wife about a year ago if we had crickets in the house and she thought I was crazy so I did some research on it. I have found several that say they have a treatment but no sure cure. Loud noises cause or contribute to it, guess I got mine from all the chainsaws I repaired and fired up without first reaching for the earphones first.

I get a check from the VA every month. Small arm fire and perimeter security for a 155mm self propelled outfit ruined my hearing.

Time to revive this thread. Begin cpr...on my 361 lol. Has anyone else had re-starting issues when the ambient temp gets in the 80s-90s. Today I got it to start to cut some wood and stopped to sharpen the chain. Did that and couldn't even get it to pop again. Believe it's getting flooded again, even though it is tuned correctly. Bad carb, faulty tank vent? What else could it be? I had the same problem not getting it to restart Friday also when it was in the low 90s. Thankfully I either was either done or had another saw both times, but I do not need this to happen again.

Back