hyd valves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crealws6

Reaction score
dose any body know the proper way to pumb 2 valves in line off of 1 feed. I am looking to add a log lift to my splitter and have a single valve and was wandering if a can just tee them together or if i have to buy another valve with two built in.

:chainsaw::greenchainsaw:

dose any body know the proper way to pumb 2 valves in line off of 1 feed. I am looking to add a log lift to my splitter and have a single valve and was wandering if a can just tee them together or if i have to buy another valve with two built in.

:chainsaw::greenchainsaw:

I would just tee them....saves money and a small amount of time. As long as you know your pump is big enough to supply both feeds with pressure.

As long as their both open center valves just go center to center no biggie short nipple and your done.

Hook them in series, not on a T. The oil will take the path of least resistance, and you will not be happy with the performance T-ing the pressure line.

Hook them in series, not on a T. The oil will take the path of least resistance, and you will not be happy with the performance T-ing the pressure line.

Would that work with this kind of a setup??? Im just thinking that if you hooked them up in a series you may have to be pressing both levers to get the oil to flow through???

You have to be careful hooking them in series. Most valves that I know of are not capable of taking system pressure on the tank galleys. You need a true power beyond where on the central passage of the of the open center valve is connected to the second valve and the tank port is separate. It is going to depend on your valve if it has this capability or not. If not, I think the best option is to find a two spool valve.

You have to be careful hooking them in series. Most valves that I know of are not capable of taking system pressure on the tank galleys. You need a true power beyond where on the central passage of the of the open center valve is connected to the second valve and the tank port is separate. It is going to depend on your valve if it has this capability or not. If not, I think the best option is to find a two spool valve.

Yup, need to use a power beyond port. Many valves cannot take high pressure on the outlet port. As well, many valves don't have a power beyond port. Best option is to use a monoblock valve unless you are using an autocycle valve with a lift, then you need to feed the autocycle valve off of a power beyond port from the log lift valve.

Latest posts

Back