I Am A Now Stihl MasterWrench Certified Technician!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They can make it outdated and require you to take further education, or re-do the whole degree if you move to live abroad and want that same job / qualification.
With all due respect you are 16.............I am not. I have a few more grey hairs and education in the subject. So does..........everyone else here. I bet there are few, if any members here, that will honestly say they never received advice from an older person that now looking back they wished they would have listened to.

With all due respect you are 16.............I am not. I have a few more grey hairs and education in the subject. So does..........everyone else here. I bet there are few, if any members here, that will honestly say they never received advice from an older person that now looking back they wished they would have listened to.
Lots of speculation here, and it seems I’ve touched a nerve. Firstly, I’m 32 and have started and ran 3 successful business over 15 years. The reason I say what I did was a friend moved from holland to Australia and ended up having to re do 2 years of her nutrition degree at university to continue to be qualified. I don’t suggest a degree isn’t good, (I don’t necessarily think it’s the way to go either - big debt and most people want to change their career path anyway) but your notion that it can’t be “taken away” is not true. It can be out dated or unrecognised depending on where you end up.

Lots of speculation here, and it seems I’ve touched a nerve. Firstly, I’m 32 and have started and ran 3 successful business over 15 years. The reason I say what I did was a friend moved from holland to Australia and ended up having to re do 2 years of her nutrition degree at university to continue to be qualified. I don’t suggest a degree isn’t good, (I don’t necessarily think it’s the way to go either - big debt and most people want to change their career path anyway) but your notion that it can’t be “taken away” is not true. It can be out dated or unrecognised depending on where you end up.
He must have gotten you confused with @ZinTrees

Well first yes I did confuse you with another member and no @ZinTrees it sure as hell was not you. As for a degree being taken away I am sorry you are dead wrong, it cannot. You show me a single person that has had their degree removed. As for someone needing additional classes you are referencing someone that not only moved countries but continents. That is not all a apple to apple comparison. They did not lose their degree now did they? What they had to do was meet the standards of the position in which they desired to attain. Even after attaining the standards required, many careers still require continuing education courses.

They can make it outdated and require you to take further education, or re-do the whole degree if you move to live abroad and want that same job / qualification.
Because of the nursing shortage here they changed the rules for accepting certain countries certification, so their education was good enough.

I've been following this thread from the beginning. I'd like to make an observation and a statement, then ask a couple of questions.

You are a go-getter, and you will do well in life.
This is one of the most important character traits you can posses. Never give up, persevere and prevail.

I’m 32 and have started and ran 3 successful business over 15 years.
What were the 3 businesses you ran in 15 years and what business are you in now?

anyways lmfao
dude
What does this mean? I'm a dinosaur and not familiar with this abbreviation, but willing to learn.

RTRSAM You wrote a book! He is a teenager for Gods sake! Maybe not even a teenager yet. Lighten up a little. jmho :cool: OT
Valid point. I tend to go down a rabbit hole sometimes.

Side note re: College Education: Assembly Bill 1693 would ease/eliminate the requirement for a degree for most State of California jobs unless there is some sort of specific certification or license required that requires a degree.

AB 1693

Because of the nursing shortage here they changed the rules for accepting certain countries certification, so their education was good enough.
Sadly the nursing shortage is great here also. I suspect it is true in many locations. Nursing is a great career choice for those that have the mental ability and personality for it. My former mother in law was a nursery nurse until she neared age 70 when they basically asked her to retire. She took care of babies once born. She had to do labor and delivery a bit but not much. She was a great woman but not cut out for a fast paced situation. Many years ago I had a young man in shop class that said he wanted to be a nurse. No one laughed at him and I told him how much I respected that choice. He was a big football boy and tough as nails. He would have made a great nurse but last I knew after graduation he went a different direction. I also had his brothers and one wanted to be a prison guard. He did not make it. He was hired as a jailer at the local county jail but was fired for beating the piss out of a detainee.

Back